I've been on safari there once, strickly a hunting trip. Next time I'd like to visit a Lodge.
---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------
Namibia is an independent nation on the border of South Africa. While there are recognized Lodges in South Africa, Namibia does not appear to either have Lodges or does not have any Lodges recognized according to my 2008 copy of "List of Lodges Masonic".
I hope this helps.
W∴M∴ Stewart M. Owings, 3°
- Thomas B. Hunter Lodge No. 1356 A.F. &. A.M.
- Mountain Creek Lodge No. 511 A.F. & A.M.
- O. K. Allen Lodge No. 33 F. & A.M.
- Lonnie L. Blake Chapter No. 1116 O.E.S.
- Grand Prairie York Rite Chapter No. 489
- Grand Prairie York Rite Council No. 404
- Arlington Commandery No. 107
- Trinity York Rite College No. 154
- Robert Bruce Brannon Council No. 270 A.M.D.
- Hella Shrine Temple A.A.N.O.M.S.
- The Masonic Society
From the United Grand Lodge of England web site:Namibia
District Grand Lodge of Namibia
District Grand Master
Michael Andrew Roberts
District Grand Secretary
John D. Mandy
PO Box 774
Tel: 61 227647
Secy&PM El Campo#918
MC Wharton#621,Anoka#30 GL of Minnesota
There are 3 Lodges chartered by the Grand Lodge of Scotland in Windhoek. They are Dunedin Star #1454, Zum Kreuz des Sudens #1613, & Benguela #1616. In addition, UGLE Lodges include Etosha #7148 in Otjiwarango, Optima #7380 in Oranjemund, and Damaraland #4758 & Omutena #7376 in Windhoek. Hope this helps.
Last edited by Bill_Lins77488; 02-10-11 at 01:01 AM.
PM & Secretary, Wharton #621
PM- El Campo #918
member- Holland #1, Pt. Isabel #33, East Bernard #817, TLR
DDGM #32- 2005
DI #32- 2006-present
Golden Trowel- 2008
Scottish Rite- Valley of Houston
Rainbow #94 Advisory Board 2005-2010
FMRC- Coastal Bend Chapter #45