My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14th Degree Ring

ncm_pkt

I wish we still did it old school where we actually wore the rings...Do any brothers know of any websites where I may find a decent priced 14th degree ring? Silver, GP, or Gold. Most that I've found are pricey. Thanks

jwhoff

Premium Member
I noticed and comminted on the 14th degree ring of brother David Fernandez DDGM 30-E this morning in a coffee shop. It's a great idea and a good way to dsicuss what I believe to be the most important symbol of freemasonry, the triangle and yod. I often do discuss the triangle, probably the world's oldest known symbol of the diety, with members of the brotherhood as well as those from the profane world. Everyone has heard of the Golden Rule. However, most are surprised that the concept is one of the tendants of all religions world-wide. The more we know about each other the easier it is to accept each other. I hope!

Colt.barker

I'm not scottish rite yet, I'm waiting for the festival in April. But what do you mean you don't wear the rings any more? I was looking forward to wearing it..

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
You can still wear the ring Colt. Used to be when you went through your degrees, they gave you a ring to wear. Now you or someone else has to buy one separately.

J.N.Wiggs

Is the symbology (sp) explained during the degrees? I'll be receiving my grandfathers 14th degree ring soon and was just curious. Thanks!

tomasball

Premium Member
We usually give out one encased in a lucite pyramid. It's shiny, but God only knows what it's really made of.

tomasball

Premium Member
That's good news. It seemed to me likely that would come back. As I see it, the trend now is for people petitioning the Scottish Rite to be more serious about it...now that we've divested of the brethren who just wanted to get into the Shrine.

Beathard

Premium Member
Of course, 20 or 30 years of dues from a Shriner sure help pay the bills... even if they never showed up.

Jacob Johnson

now i'm not sure if Dallas is giving us the pyramid or a wearable ring at this reunion... when they measured me for my hat, they measured me for a ring too. BUT that could be so that all I have to do to buy one is give them my name and the payment. TBH, I would definitely prefer a wearable ring to a paperweight that will probably not get used.

Tony Siciliano

Premium Member
At my recent reunion, we got the pyramid, but they also had some rings available for $40. Nothing too fancy, just 10kt gold rings. In my line of work, expensive rings don't last anyway.

Jacob Johnson

i intend to snag one of the 14th degree rings at the next stated meeting. I picked up a nice (yet cheap) stainless steel ring like this one... http://bit.ly/fml71v cause it looks cool. It kinda looks like heavy metal jewelry, even lol.

Tony Siciliano

Premium Member
Here's what get's me about my Valley: The pyramid is ~$30. The 10K plated ring is $40. If we STOPPED BUYING A PYRAMID NOBODY WANTS and saved $10 somewhere else - we could give all the candidates a ring. /sigh...

Txmason

Not to interrupt the conversation, but I am interested in joining an apparent body, and I have a lot of good close friends in the Scottish rite. What can you tell me about the SR? If I join, would I able to lend my talents as a photographer? What is the SR? What will I learn? Etc. How do I join?

Thanks,
Jerry