My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1928 Dudley Masonic Pocketwatch

kwilbourn

I saw this picture posted on another site this morning; it caught my eye so I thought I would share.

XuIWh.jpg

cambridgemason

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dudley was famous for his watches. There is a paperback book out on Masonic Timepieces by (forget the brothers name) it goes into some detail on Dudleys. Even a none working Dudley today will bring in over a thousand dollars.

Benton

Premium Member
Wow, that's pretty incredible. That kind of craftsmanship would be worth paying for. Maybe not the price listed, but a hand crafted original piece like that is pretty amazing and rare these days.

Beathard

Premium Member
Working Dudley Masonic watches have sold at auction from 4,000 to 8,000 dollars. They are beautiful.

Beathard

Premium Member
The one on eBay is a second version. It is not worth as much as a first version, but is similar to the earlier picture that was priced at $5000. Priced at does mot mean sold at...

kwilbourn

Priced at does mot mean sold at...

That's very true. The person that originally posted the picture on another (non-Masonic) board I visit claimed they saw it at a local "Flea Market". I think flea market means something very different to them than it does to me; but if it sold in that setting I'm sure it would go for below sticker price.

cambridgemason

Premium Member
Premium Member
I believe that the Grand Lodge of Pennsy. has a good size collection of Dudley Masonic pieces. Some were recently donated by Julius Clark, I believe that is how you spell his name. Brother Clark is the one if memory serves me, wrote a number of books on Masonic Collectables. One being that of Masonic Time pieces with a good account of the Dudley.

Jacob Johnson

gorgeous watch. I'm a big fan of nice pocket watches, so maybe when I make my first million I'll acquire one of these for my personal collection, lol.

thanks for sharing brother!