My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Grand Commandery

Benton

Premium Member
How many are planning on attending? I'll at least be making an appearance, since it's being held in Amarillo, a whole twenty minutes away from me. Make sure I support the competition teams. Kind of waiting to see if there's a spot for me participating in a competition team. Unfortunately, won't be able to be there much of Sunday or Friday because of real life obligations, but my Saturday currently is wide open. :)

---

Not related to anything at all, but this was both my 300th post and my 10th thread started. At least according to the forum achivements. Two for one. :)

Last edited:

tomasball

Premium Member
Re: 2011 Grand Encampment

Here's how the lingo goes: A Grand Commandery covers a state, just like a Grand Lodge or Grand Chapter. A Grand Commandery is ruled by a Grand Commander. Grand Commandery meetings take place annually, at a place determined by the Grand Commander. The Grand Encampment is the Templar national body, and is run by the Grand Master. Grand Encampment meets every three years at a place determined by the Grand Master.

David Melear

Right Eminent Grand Commander
Premium Member
Re: 2011 Grand Encampment

In John's defense, the web master for our website did put the next Grand Encampment session referring to our Grand Commandery Conclave. It is not his fault. I am happy to have you on board John.

JBD

Premium Member
I will be there and am looking forward to seeing the Sir Knights from both Amarillo and Borger again!

Christopher

Is there any particular reason the head of the Grand Encampment is called the Grand Master? It makes it kind of confusing in conversation when talking about the "Grand Master" when there are like 6 of them running around for different organizations...

Benton

Premium Member
I would imagine because, in the historical chivalric orders, the head of the order was often called the Grand Master. Such as Grand Master DeMolay. They had the title first, before blue lodge did. :)