My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

32* Out of Touch Help

cgmcdaniel

So several years ago, in a prior town in which I lived, I did the Scottish Rite reunion and became 32*

Almost immediately afterwards I lost my job and had to move overseas, then back to the US in another state.

I attended no more than two meetings total including the reunion. Despite being absent I've paid my dues as required every year.

I am now at a point to where I would like to try to become active again in Scottish Rite, but honestly I am scared half to death.

I remember very little and don't want to come across as a total Cowan when I approach the new Valley I am moving to in Feb.

Any advice from fellow brothers is appreciated.

chrmc

The meetings are easy to go to. There is no secret passwords or other stuff you have to remember, and the one "salute" there is you can easily follow what the rest of the crowd is doing.
I'd suggest to just start showing up, maybe get involved in a degree with a smaller part. SR always needs people to do something, so it's an easy organization to get active in.

I also highly recommend Master Craftsman 3 if you want to do some esoteric studying.