My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4:00am

David612

As I’m sure many of you gents are aware, Babies like to be awake while you would sooner be asleep, While a warm bottle will put the baby back to sleep I’m not quite as lucky.
I have been using my early morning processing power to learn a change or two, daily acquisition of Masonic knowledge and all that.
I’m sure this is a well trodden path.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
As I’m sure many of you gents are aware, Babies like to be awake while you would sooner be asleep, While a warm bottle will put the baby back to sleep I’m not quite as lucky.
I remember those days well Brother. I wish that I could live them over again.

Scoops

I have been using my early morning processing power to learn a change or two, daily acquisition of Masonic knowledge and all that.
I’m sure this is a well trodden path.
I always found that if ever I had a tricky conundrum at work or elsewhere to solve, I always came up with the best solutions whilst giving one of my boys their midnight feed.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

David612

It is really a beautiful time-
I’m making preparations to ensure im home and available to my boy (and any future kids) as is possible, should be 100% out of debt including the mortgage this year :)

Okla. MM

Bro. CLewey I can put you in touch with a 'Traveling Man' that does them on weekends in his garage and he gives Brothers a special rate.....if interested drop me a note.

Vac..jpg

Last edited:

David612

I’m curious, how many charges do you gents have stowed away in the ol’ grey matter?
Last year we lost a brother who, at the drop of a hat, could deliver any charge in any of the blue lodge degrees (probably others too but I only knew him in the craft lodge)
Obviously this made him a very welcome/busy visitor and his delivery took the work to another level.

Bloke

Premium Member
I’m curious, how many charges do you gents have stowed away in the ol’ grey matter?
Last year we lost a brother who, at the drop of a hat, could deliver any charge in any of the blue lodge degrees (probably others too but I only knew him in the craft lodge)
Obviously this made him a very welcome/busy visitor and his delivery took the work to another level.
Duuno

Always best to list what I don't know - no tracing boards.
First, no Reasons for Prep, no North East.
Second, no Final.
Third, no Ecclesiastes, no Traditional History (longest here at 7 pages other than the TB which are not compulsory.. ) and would you believe, I don't know the tools or the Secrets in the Third...

My next job is to revise the Secrets in First and Second. Then I want to crack on the Final in the Second Degree - it is only two pages.. but also starting to learn Chapter work..

David612

Duuno

Always best to list what I don't know - no tracing boards.
First, no Reasons for Prep, no North East.
Second, no Final.
Third, no Ecclesiastes, no Traditional History (longest here at 7 pages other than the TB which are not compulsory.. ) and would you believe, I don't know the tools or the Secrets in the Third...

My next job is to revise the Secrets in First and Second. Then I want to crack on the Final in the Second Degree - it is only two pages.. but also starting to learn Chapter work..
Need to write the titles up on a board and memorise the lot.

I’ve been advised the chapter work in ACT/NSW gets read out for the most part but I think my jurisdiction is a bit odd...

Bloke

Premium Member
Need to write the titles up on a board and memorise the lot.

I’ve been advised the chapter work in ACT/NSW gets read out for the most part but I think my jurisdiction is a bit odd...
Chapter is supposed to be memorized, but whereas in the Craft a ritual book will get a big tut-tut - in Chapter it is tolerated. At the moment, the focus is making sure the Order survives widely via recruitment..

David612

Chapter is supposed to be memorized, but whereas in the Craft a ritual book will get a big tut-tut - in Chapter it is tolerated. At the moment, the focus is making sure the Order survives widely via recruitment..
When I heard that there is a lot of reading In chapter here i was a little disappointed.
I’m grinding away at memorising my parts for blue lodge and will do the same at the arch personally but there seems to be a growing sentiment of ritual read well beats ritual poorly memorised, as if those are the only options.

Last edited: