My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A bit of a surprise...

BEDickey

Premium Member
So I showed up at lodge today a bit out of sorts because I didn't have time to clean up myself or my suit before our Stated Meeting. As a Brother (who later was elected Senior Warden) and I are driving to Lodge, he tells me it's not just the Stated but the Annual Meeting, so there will be elections as well. When we get there I pay my dues (good thing too because it was the last day before suspension for NPD) After the Stated is done, we suspend Work and open the Annual Meeting and commence with elections and appointments. I had a sneaking suspicion that I was going to be serving the Lodge as Junior Steward, but imagine my surprise when the Worshipful Master (just elected to his 3rd consecutive year) appointed me to Chaplain, over people much more experienced. Unknown to him, this is especially honoring to me as my faith calls each student Hermes to be his or her own priest or priestess, so each student is a member of the clergy (there are not that many hermeticist in the world, really) His selection of me only served to confirm to me that the All approves of my Work, and my education is heading down the correct path, and that I must always remember it is the inside and
not the outside that makes you a just and upright man and Mason. I don't believe in coincidence, each moment is a lesson from the Divine, if you let it teach you.

I can not wait to serve my Brethren as their spiritual mouthpiece.

Any veteran Brethren Chaplains out there have any stories to tell or Light to shed? Let's hear it!

BEDickey

Premium Member
It is good to be back! I have been busy with work, home, Lodge, and local politics. Mix that with the past holidays and it makes a potent combo. But I still peak my head in here, just not able to post as much as I would like.