My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Concerned Brother

JKC84

I have been living in Phoenix now for 2 months after moving from California I am under the GL of California still and i have been debating about searching for a lodge to fellowship with here due to the fact that I have heard quite a few things about Arizona mainly that there is still a sense of racism going on and I must say that I believe it to a degree because I've been to places in Scottsdale, Tempe and Avondale and I can pick up that type of vibe because of how people stare at me. I'm just really concerned and worried that if I approached a Lodge here I wouldn't be embraced based on my skin color. Any type of advice would be helpful also if there are any brothers on this forum who lives in near by Phoenix cities maybe you could help shed light on this issue for me. Thank you

Jaron Coby 32nd• SR.MM Oxnard Lodge #341

cacarter

Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear that you are having those problems in my home state. I also wish that I knew the Phoenix area better and could help you. I will ask some of the brothers in Arizona that I know and see if they have any suggestions. Good luck.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
I have been living in Phoenix now for 2 months after moving from California I am under the GL of California still and i have been debating about searching for a lodge to fellowship with here due to the fact that I have heard quite a few things about Arizona mainly that there is still a sense of racism going on and I must say that I believe it to a degree because I've been to places in Scottsdale, Tempe and Avondale and I can pick up that type of vibe because of how people stare at me. I'm just really concerned and worried that if I approached a Lodge here I wouldn't be embraced based on my skin color. Any type of advice would be helpful also if there are any brothers on this forum who lives in near by Phoenix cities maybe you could help shed light on this issue for me. Thank you

I cannot help, but I wish you luck. Please keep us up to date.

JKC84

I'm sorry to hear that you are having those problems in my home state. I also wish that I knew the Phoenix area better and could help you. I will ask some of the brothers in Arizona that I know and see if they have any suggestions. Good luck.
Thank you brother! PM me if you find out anything please.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Hi Jason,
I can't help you specifically (being in England etc) but I would give you the same advice that I would give any Mason, anywhere, looking to contact a foreign Lodge and that is that you should initially approach the Grand Lodge rather than individual Lodges.

I would have thought that race problems are less likely in that State, masonically speaking, as PHA and Mainstream Grand Lodges both recognise each other whic is a postive sign.

nickthomp

NL#40
Premium Member
I'm so sorry to hear this. Just know that if your travels ever lead you to Ohio my door will always be open to you brother!

BroBook

Premium Member
Just put some light on be you and get in where you fit in always remember unless you are a twin you were born alone on this road you will...

Bro Book
M.W.U.G.L. Of Fl: P.H.A.
Excelsior # 43
At pensacola