My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question about Dispensation

R

ravickery03

I don't think I made mention of it in the forum, but I am deploying to Afghanistan for a six month tour in April. If you want to know more about that, then please contact me offline.

The issue that bugs me is that I can't be part of the line in the lodge because I can't be here to be installed by the end of July. One of the PMs thought I should request dispensation to the Grand Master, but I don't know if it really benefits the lodge. Sure I get to be in the line, but I won't be there for four months, and a lot can happen during that time frame.

So I am conflicted, and I wonder if dispensation would be best for the lodge, or if I am just being selfish in wanting to move up in the line?

Any inputs would be appreciated. Also please don't discuss my impending deployement outside of the Sanctum Sanctorum.

-Bro Vick

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I believe I'd put that question to the Lodge, with all of the pertinent facts, & let them decide. If they want you in the line and aren't worried about your absence, fine. If they'd rather you wait until you return, also fine. That way, nobody has a gripe about it.

Good luck over there & keep your head down!