My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accepted in England but living outside

MyJourney

Hello,

how much chances are if a foreigner apply for lodge membership, being initiate in England, person who lives outside of England and having business partners in London?

Thank you very much

Keith C

You can generally only be Initiated and receive the 3 Craft Degrees in a Lodge in the jurisdiction in which you live.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Hello,

how much chances are if a foreigner apply for lodge membership, being initiate in England, person who lives outside of England and having business partners in London?

Thank you very much
Your question is very unclear but on the assumption you mean you are a member of a Lodge you would need to talk to the Secretary of your Lodge to find out what you can or can't do.

MyJourney

Your question is very unclear but on the assumption you mean you are a member of a Lodge you would need to talk to the Secretary of your Lodge to find out what you can or can't do.
i am not a member of any lodge. I would like to be initiated in foreign country like England, i would be more comfortable there.

MyJourney

You can generally only be Initiated and receive the 3 Craft Degrees in a Lodge in the jurisdiction in which you live.
Can there be an exception if you more prefer being initiated and receive the 3rd degree outside jurisdiction. It is not because you would hide something, but just because you would be more comfortable, a matter of choice or are we somekind of forced not to be initiated outside of our jurisdiction?

Last edited:

Winter

Premium Member
i am not a member of any lodge. I would like to be initiated in foreign country like England, i would be more comfortable there.
As a general rule, you must be a permanent resident of the jurisdiction where you you join. And many places require you to live there at least a year before petitioning to be come a Mason. But the UGLE could have something.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Can there be an exception if you more prefer being initiated and receive the 3rd degree outside jurisdiction. It is not because you would hide something, but just because you would be more comfortable, a matter of choice or are we somekind of forced not to be initiated outside of our jurisdiction?
There would be absolutely no point in joining a Lodge that is not in the country where you live. It may be that you misunderstand the nature of Freemasonry but you join a Lodge and then regularly attend meetings of that Lodge and other Lodges locally, this would be very difficult to do if you don't actually live in England.

MyJourney

I need to say thank you all for contribution. Mike explained me a lot in DM and things are much more clear now for me. Thank you Mike and all of You.

Wish you all a pleasant day,