My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

African Lodge #459 Reopening April 2016

Noble Federico Vellere

Hello Brothers, my name is Federico Vellere of Mt. Zion Lodge #15, Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Massachusetts. I'd like to inform you, if you don't already know, that African Lodge #459 will reopen this year the weekend of April 21-24 in Boston, MA. Don't miss this event where you will have the chance, amongst other things, to see the original charter. Every Prince Hall mason should be a member of African Lodge. You can go to the website: www.princehall.org and download the application or I can mail it to you. Details about the weekend will be forthcoming.

AndreAshlar

Hello Brothers, my name is Federico Vellere of Mt. Zion Lodge #15, Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Massachusetts. I'd like to inform you, if you don't already know, that African Lodge #459 will reopen this year the weekend of April 21-24 in Boston, MA. Don't miss this event where you will have the chance, amongst other things, to see the original charter. Every Prince Hall mason should be a member of African Lodge. You can go to the website: www.princehall.org and download the application or I can mail it to you. Details about the weekend will be forthcoming.
Please explain what you mean by "re-opening".

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
Africa Lodge No.459 reopens annually they dress in the old attire as the brothers did back in those days and usually bring the original charter out for display

JB93

Africa Lodge No.459 reopens annually they dress in the old attire as the brothers did back in those days and usually bring the original charter out for display
Thats kind of interesting! I cant wait for my healing process just to witness that enduring moment!

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Thats kind of interesting! I cant wait for my healing process just to witness that enduring moment!
Once you are healed and can show proof that you are a member of a legally constituted Prince Hall lodge you can join African Lodge 459 I'm a member

JB93

But I am in GA and I may have to repeat my degrees because I am coming from a irregular clandestine lodge called modern free, lol not really scared to admit my mistakes because this is the Internet, I would be embarrassed in person

mrpierce17

Premium Member
But I am in GA and I may have to repeat my degrees because I am coming from a irregular clandestine lodge called modern free, lol not really scared to admit my mistakes because this is the Internet, I would be embarrassed in person
Doesn't matter I'm in FL African Lodge 459 is more of a symbolic lodge now a days only opening a few times annually all Prince Hall Mason's are encouraged to join