Almost There...

Discussion in 'Prince Hall Freemasonry' started by Derinique Kendrick, May 20, 2015.

1. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Im gonna have to go back and reread the degrees cause i am drawing a complete blank on being given another name

2. LAMason

LAMason Premium Member

It is MY understanding that this is a Prince Hall thing:
    "You were given a new name, Caution, which is to teach you to be cautious over all your words and actions,
    especially on the subject of Freemasonry when in the presence of its enemies"
    http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/Hams.html

Of course ritual varies between Jurisdictions, in the EA in Louisiana we are taught "The Lesson of Caution" in the writing ceremony, it is also MY understanding that this is not a part of the EA ritual in all Jurisdictions.

dfreybur likes this.
  3. Derinique Kendrick

Derinique Kendrick Registered User

Thanks brother! Will most definitely be doing that!
    Thanks!

4. Bro. S.Brown

Bro. S.Brown Premium Member

Congrats, Brother!

Derinique Kendrick likes this.
  5. Derinique Kendrick

Thanks brother!

6. bro.whitec

bro.whitec Registered User

Congrats on your progress, for it is well worth it.

7. Bro. Staton

Bro. Staton Registered User

Great to hear of this most recent news!!! It's been a lengthy journey but well worth it. When you are raised remain very active in your lodge and become part of your lodge growth. Share your story of patience with those coming in who may become discourage as well on the time to complete your walk in masonry.
    Again welcome my brother.

8. Derinique Kendrick

Yes @Bro. Staton, it has been a very long road and it is almost that time to see my hard work, patience, and diligence pay off. I'll be raised at the next meeting on the 21st and I know that I would only be scratching the surface and that the work will only be beginning and that I have much more to learn. I appreciate the ongoing support from you.

Share My Freemasonry