My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alphabet?

crono782

Premium Member
You mean as in A is for Apple kinda alphabet or like the pigpen cipher kinda thing?

My Freemasonry HD

MarkR

Premium Member
There are many Masonic cyphers, even different iterations of the pigpen cypher. The Scottish Rite has one that's pretty official (they even use it on their web site) but otherwise I wouldn't say there's any generally accepted for Grand Lodge Masonry.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The Craft Lodges don't have one that I've seen. As mentioned, the various Rites use them, but they are also used outside of Masonry. I learned one version of the "pigpen" in the Scouts, taught another in SERE School.

Last edited:

JMartinez

Brethren if you have a chance or the time check out www.fbi.org in the search bar type in the word "masonic" and there will be a link for the "masonic" alphabet

dfreybur

Premium Member
A web site named fbi.ORG? The ORG hierarchy is for non-profit groups not for government groups. I'm going to pass on any such trick name for a web site.

cog41

Premium Member
fbi as in the FBI? Really? Humm?

Is this the conspiracy thread?

I'm with brother Doug, I'll pass till further notice.