My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient Aliens Debunked

Godfrey Daniel

21975_267205904594_518534594_4384169_5659951_n.jpg

Hidden in plain sight? (I have a really difficult time adding images to posts)

:32: Forget it.

It's an image of George Washington in Masonic regalia with a ladder leading up to what "some believe" is a UFO.

Works better if you go with URL.

http://ufoquest.info/ufoquest.info/..._found_in_a_MASONIC_lithograph_from_1866.html

Last edited:

crono782

Premium Member
I saw that on the AA special too. I dunno, I think it's just how the artist painted his ode to Led Zeppelin personally, not any form of a UFO. If one were to take extremely literally the exact hues that the artist chose for this portion, it could also be said that "ZOMG, WASHINGTON HAD NO WRINKLES IN THE PAINTING!!!1 WASHINGTON WAS IMMORTAL!!" :49:

Godfrey Daniel

I saw that on the AA special too. I dunno, I think it's just how the artist painted his ode to Led Zeppelin personally, not any form of a UFO. If one were to take extremely literally the exact hues that the artist chose for this portion, it could also be said that "ZOMG, WASHINGTON HAD NO WRINKLES IN THE PAINTING!!!1 WASHINGTON WAS IMMORTAL!!" :49:

Thus, the "Apotheosis of Washington" on the ceiling of the rotunda in the Capitol Building.

Did you know Dolly Parton covered "Stairway to Heaven?"

crono782

Premium Member
Hah really? I like Dolly and all, but I'm not sure about that one. I doubt it would be terrible though.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
View attachment 2682

Hidden in plain sight? (I have a really difficult time adding images to posts)

:32: Forget it.

It's an image of George Washington in Masonic regalia with a ladder leading up to what "some believe" is a UFO.

Works better if you go with URL.

http://ufoquest.info/ufoquest.info/..._found_in_a_MASONIC_lithograph_from_1866.html

Man, they are really stretching with this one. All I saw was clouds with light emanating from it. Try as I might I still couldn't see any type of flying craft.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Neil Degrasse Tyson on UFOs:

[video=youtube;NSJElZwEI8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJElZwEI8o[/video]

Pretty much sums up how I feel about them also.

Godfrey Daniel

"Pretty much sums up how I feel about them also."

Nah. Post Carl Sagan, Michio is my personal go-to-guy.

[video=youtube;2pw13F7ahjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pw13F7ahjY[/video]

Last edited:

jvarnell

Premium Member
Neil Degrasse Tyson on UFOs:

[video=youtube;NSJElZwEI8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJElZwEI8o[/video]

Pretty much sums up how I feel about them also.

Not me,

The U is for unidentifyed so I think it is a good thing to have/say a theroy, hypostasis and go through the process of research before comming to a conlutions. If we as humans did not do this we would have never learned anything or descuverd anything. The people that want you to not say anything or stop talking about it are just discuraging the descuvery of new or old thing. If he doesn't want to learn or streach his mind that is ok but I need to prove or disprove everything myself or keep it sitting in the back of my mind till I can. I don't want to discurage or debunk any thought.

When I lookup and see something moving across the sky I say look a UFO because I can't identify it but I know it might be a little known aircraft or metior. To me it is still unidentiyed and no one should ever it is not unless they can see what it is and show me why it is what they say.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
What he is saying that once you say that is such-and-such it is no longer able to be called unidentified. Being in the astrophysics field I highly doubt that he doesn't question anything or accepts things the way they are just because they have been that way for years. It was him after all that started the movement to get Pluto demoted. Why did he do it? Because he had questions about Pluto and it being called one of the major planets in our solar system. Just because he didn't adhere to your view doesn't mean he doesn't question anything and just accepts the status quo. He is by far more qualified than you or I when it come to science matters such as this. Once again extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

jvarnell

Premium Member
What he is saying that once you say that is such-and-such it is no longer able to be called unidentified. Being in the astrophysics field I highly doubt that he doesn't question anything or accepts things the way they are just because they have been that way for years. It was him after all that started the movement to get Pluto demoted. Why did he do it? Because he had questions about Pluto and it being called one of the major planets in our solar system. Just because he didn't adhere to your view doesn't mean he doesn't question anything and just accepts the status quo. He is by far more qualified than you or I when it come to science matters such as this. Once again extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

So if someone says "oh look a UFO maybe it's aliens" they have to say instead "Oh look a UFO my theroy is that it may be an alien" or the people listining will be ofinded. Or should the listner say "I see what you are seeing and I don't see it that way" ..... You say potato and I say patato lets all get along.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
No. What I am saying and what he was saying is that the "U" is for unidentified. Once you state it is something, like an alien flying saucer, it can no longer be called unidentified. It turns into a liar's paradox. Such as saying "This statement is false". Like he said in the video if you don't know what it is then your conversation should stop at that moment. This has nothing to do with being offended, it is about calling something one thing when there is no evidence to support that position.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
If you listen to him what he is trying to say is that once you have said it is unidentified anything more you add after that like it is an alien spaceship makes it no longer unidentified. He isn't saying stop looking for answers, but don't call it one thing and then turn around and call it something else. In this case you see a light in the sky moving across your field of vision. You say, "There is a UFO!" and since I don't know what it is it must be an alien spaceship. Now, with that being said is it still "unidentified"? No, you have now classified it as being something and now cannot be unknown. It cannot be unknown and something else, no matter how far-fetched, at the same time. It is either unknown or it is known. He is using the acronym UFO which is "Unidentified Flying Object". No matter what you say it may be it will either fall into 1 of 2 categories, known or unknown. No matter what it can't be both.

Once again, the man is an astrophysicist. Questioning things is part of his job description. No where in any interview or book has he ever stated take things at face value and don't question. He isn't saying in the video that since you have seen a light in the sky don't question what it is, but more like before you call it "A" check to make sure it isn't "B". He used the story of the police officer swearing that he was chasing a UFO when it turned out to be Venus. Do some research check to make sure it isn't something else before you call it an alien spaceship.

I have been an amateur astronomer for years and I have as yet not come across anything that I couldn't identify. I have spent countless hours under the night sky in all seasons and every single time I have seen an inexplicable light in the sky I was able to identify it with relative ease within a few minutes. Usually I can just point a telescope at it and see that is a plane or something. There have been occasions where I have seen a light zip across the sky with unearthly speed, but a quick check through NASA or the internet can usually turn up satellite transits easily. There is a whole community of people who do nothing but track satellites and things like the secret Air Force plane that had been in space.

jvarnell

Premium Member
No. What I am saying and what he was saying is that the "U" is for unidentified. Once you state it is something, like an alien flying saucer, it can no longer be called unidentified. It turns into a liar's paradox. Such as saying "This statement is false". Like he said in the video if you don't know what it is then your conversation should stop at that moment. This has nothing to do with being offended, it is about calling something one thing when there is no evidence to support that position.

What I think the problem is, is that the U is still undefined when you make the statment because the statment is just a theroy at that time and untill a conclustions is made it is undefined. Someone needs to be able to state a theroy without it being called a conclution and bing to they are wrong just because they stated a theroy.

crono782

Premium Member
Lol, at what point was Superman classed as "identified"? When he was called a bird, when he was called a plane, or when he was correctly called Superman? ^_^

EDIT: or better yet, if you're working on a car and say you've "identified" the problem (the engine won't start), then realized you were previously wrong and now REALLY identified the problem (no key in the ignition), would you still say the problem was identified the first time?

I love talking semantics. hehe

EDIT EDIT: oooh better yet, if you are unable to ever prove the real problem with the car, does the first "identification" stand regardless of validity/truth?

Last edited: