My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient "Freemasonry"?

Elexir

I will say that a thorough reading of the Kybalion will show you a clear synchronization of the Hermetic Philosophy and the Freemasons in ancient times. This knowledge that we hold has been known for ages by those wise enough to see the symbols and hear the voice of the Grand Architect.

The big concensus is that William walker atkinson (pioner of the new thought movment) was one of the authors so its not really anything ancient.

Winter

Premium Member
Except it isn't what you know, it's what you can prove! The Kybalion is a very important work, but any evidence that it predates maybe the late 19th century (Trying to remember wjat the agreed upon date is, someone correct me if I'm wrong) just isn't there. I'm not saying a vein of hidden wisdom hasn't survived till today or been a part of our Masonic teaching. I'm just saying that stating categorically that this is the case just doesn't work. At least for me.

Last edited:

Elexir

Please read my comment carefully. I did not say the book was ancient but that the knowledge handed from mason to mason has its roots in ancient times.

Also, the ORIGINAL Kybalion was written by Hermes, hence the name Hermetic. The revised version we have now is a combined effort of the Hermeticist interpreting the writings of Hermes.

This knowledge (that of masons) is in fact ANCIENT and was known by a different name in the ancient world: Hermeticism

Sent from my LG-M153 using My Freemasonry mobile app

The problem is that its been worked through the new thought movment.
http://www.nickfarrell.it/kybalion/ puts it rather well.

Winter

Premium Member
Never said Heremticism isn't ancient. But you cannot point to any Hermetic text and say with any certainty that it is ancient.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Winter

Premium Member

MasonicHermit

I doubt making a new profile the same day you were kicked out and posting in other threads like nothing happened will get you off the hook for your previous behavior.
I said I was sorry and I admitted I was wrong. But that doesn't matter does it? Its ok. I get out what I put in. I have no discord, just wish I could be forgiven.

Sent from my LG-M153 using My Freemasonry mobile app