Anti masonic brother

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by intothelight, Sep 18, 2014.

1. intothelight

intothelight Registered User

I have a question for my fellow brothers. What to do when a fellow brother does you "dirty "to say the least. A brother who was willing to help you out in the worst time of your life , but when the works gets difficult decides to back out and leave you hanging . A brother who offered you there services , without you asking. This brother ignoring all your calls etc when you have extremely important questions to ask. How does a brother handle this situation ?

2. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

It is difficult to know the length of another man's cable-tow.

3. Rick Carver

Rick Carver Premium Member

Freemasonry has never disappointed me, but its members often have. You have other Brothers. Look to them.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Derek Harvey likes this.
  4. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

I have not seen anything indicating he "did you dirty." What you relate doesn't indicate he has failed in his duty.

Derek Harvey likes this.
  5. AndreAshlar

AndreAshlar Registered User

Impossible to assess without greater detail

bezobrazan likes this.
  6. Levelhead

Levelhead Premium Member

Seems like the "important parts" were left out.

bezobrazan likes this.
  7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

More info?

bezobrazan likes this.
  8. MaineMason

MaineMason Registered User

One must be reminded of one's obligation. Without knowing the situation I would suggest that if I were in the situation of your brother, I would be upfront and say that it is not within the length of my cable-tow rather than avoiding the situation. However, I am also not in the position to judge.

9. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

There are fair weather friends and there are boon companions. It takes years to move from one level to the other. When the weather is fair, fair weather friends are a blessing. When the weather is rough, learning who has moved towards boon companion is a blessing.

See the grain and the chaff. Value the separation. Value the chaff for what it is, that which held together the grain and gave it time to fill out from first meeting to maturity. Then once valued, bless the chaff as it blows away in the wind. And move on. Some help was good.

10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I agree. It's when you are going through tough times that you find out who are really friends and who are simply people who like you to one degree or another. By the way, tough times don't last, tough people do.

Derek Harvey likes this.
  11. Angus

Angus Registered User

That is it in a nutshell! Well stated.

Share My Freemasonry