My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anti masonry

widows son

Premium Member
Skip I respect you and your opinions but perhaps to keep the peace here we should continue our debate in private MSG, I have this forum as an app on my iPhone so im not sure how to do so yet. Please understand that i take freemasonry very seriously, and am a spiritual person and only want to help further myself in a positive way

dhouseholder

Also illuminating is the lack of muslims standing up to condemn such behavior.

http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php
http://www.isna.net/Interfaith/pages/UP-Fatwa.aspx
http://www.ciogc.org/Go.aspx?link=7655053
http://www.cair.com/AmericanMuslims/AntiTerrorism/IslamicStatementsAgainstTerrorism.aspx
http://www.religioustolerance.org/islfatwa.htm

There are two reasons why only radical Muslims get all of the attention...
1) It sells in America.
2) There is no organization in the Muslim faith. There is no spokesperson, Pope, leader, representative, Public Relations Department, etc, to deal with public image.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
Indeed it does, at least until you research them and find that they are more of a family than a church, and not affliiated with any Baptist Convention. As well, their acts give lie to their claim to be Christians. After such research, you can no longer compare my actions to theirs.
Skip, I know who they are and have done the research, I also have known you and your acts (for a very long time). Enough said? (See the answer in quote four).
I did and I gave you his answer; the G_D of Abraham!
You missed the point.
As you can see here and as others have pointed out again, “the G_D of Abraham!â€
Must be interesting to have such insight into my motivations and beliefs.
Thank you, as you have been following me all the way back from the days of CompuServe.
I have read your mission statements, I know your ministry to Masons (Cornerstone Ministries); shall we continue?
Mr. Roberts book speaks for itself. It's also a pretty influential book that is often found in GL bookstores and in a large percent of Masonic libraries.
Not really. I'm showing where 10 GL's agree with the point I'm making, to say nothing of the MSA.
Brother Roberts wrote that abstract in completely different terms than which you are trying to imply.
You know that from his days on CompuServe, didn’t you? You were called out then and I’m calling you out again.
So I repeat:
I have several Masonic jurisprudence books that mentions nothing of which you are trying to say, you're trying to make an abstract statement into a binding law!

T

T.N. Sampson

Thank you, as you have been following me all the way back from the days of CompuServe. I have read your mission statements, I know your ministry to Masons (Cornerstone Ministries); shall we continue?
By all means.

Brother Roberts wrote that abstract in completely different terms than which you are trying to imply.
Mr. Roberts wrote what he wrote and I have quoted him in context. Those wishing to check on that matter need only open his book to the indicated pages and read. His view that men choose their own moral code and that other Masons judge them on only their adherence to their chosen code is well-founded in Masonry, as I have noted. All considered, I'd say my conclusion is well supported in Masonic training documentation which addresses the subject. It would be interesting to see what similar documents issued by the TX GL say, but I have not been able to find them. Perhaps you could quote the relevant passages.

I have several Masonic jurisprudence books that mentions nothing of which you are trying to say, you're trying to make an abstract statement into a binding law!
That your jurisprudence books do not address that topic is irrelevant. As well, nothing in what I've written could lead anyone to the conclusion in your last sentence. We are not talking about law herein, but how Freemasonry addresses morality. Cordially, Skip.

phulseapple

Premium Member
By all means.

Mr. Roberts wrote what he wrote and I have quoted him in context. Those wishing to check on that matter need only open his book to the indicated pages and read. His view that men choose their own moral code and that other Masons judge them on only their adherence to their chosen code is well-founded in Masonry, as I have noted. All considered, I'd say my conclusion is well supported in Masonic training documentation which addresses the subject.
Since there is no central governing authority to Freemasonry, the words written by Brother Roberts are merely his own personal interpretations of the various symbols found in Freemasonry.

daddyrich

This is very interesting. Grown men can agree to disagree. But it does go a long way towards showing how something with quite pagan beginnings has been almost entirely co-opted by Christianity. I don't know for sure, but it seems the two of you have laid out your arguments well , according to your beliefs - but where do you go from here? FWIW, I am not offended by you directly quoting the grafitti, we are all adults here.

daddyrich

Whoa, my phone app jumped topic and response fields. Apologies, gentlemen. My response covered 2 different topics...sheesh.

T

T.N. Sampson

Since there is no central governing authority to Freemasonry, the words written by Brother Roberts are merely his own personal interpretations of the various symbols found in Freemasonry.
That is indeed true; however, he speaks with authority on the subject and is/was widely respected within Masonry. His views should be carefully considered based his experiences in, and knowledge of, Freemasonry. Cordially, Skip.

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
Wackos will be wackos. Best you can do is not let them waste your time, even mental. That and guard the door against folks who try to carry the wacko in with them.

widows son

Premium Member
anti masonry( private)

Hello skip thank you for accepting my request. I don't want this to get out of hand which is why I want to do this in private. First off where we're you raised as a master mason?

phulseapple

Premium Member
That is indeed true; however, he speaks with authority on the subject and is/was widely respected within Masonry. His views should be carefully considered based his experiences in, and knowledge of, Freemasonry. Cordially, Skip.
True, however the only person he speaks for is himself. He does not speak for the Fraternity as a whole....noone does.

T

T.N. Sampson

True, however the only person he speaks for is himself. He does not speak for the Fraternity as a whole....noone does.
What about the GL's that include his book on their recommended reading lists and sell it through their book store? Would you not construe that as their endorsement of his views? Cordially, Skip.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
What about the GL's that include his book on their recommended reading lists and sell it through their book store? Would you not construe that as their endorsement of his views? Cordially, Skip.
The answer is: emphatically, NO! As I was given some your propaganda as a recommend read, an endorsement, hardly.

You have for years tried to use this methodology as cannon fodder, with out much luck. This looks like the same tactic you tried to use with Bro. Dr. Brent Morris, Bro. Ed King, Bro. Nelson…

Let me leave this conversation with a profound quote:

Every president of the Southern Baptist-run Baylor since its founding has been a Mason. Abner McCall, president emeritus of Baylor, asserted in his article that "membership and work in the Masonic Lodge and the Baptist Church have supplemented and supported each other and in no way supplanted nor subverted each other. They conflict only in the mind of a person who subscribes to a perverted version of Freemasonry, the church, or both."

And if everyone/anyone wants to know what’s this all about, checkout the following site:
http://www.formermasons.org/what/toask.php

Strange, the site is titled, “former masons” . Skip, you’re not a former mason are you?
Advice about something you’re not, keep tilting at those windmills. <VBG>

Last edited:
T

T.N. Sampson

The answer is:
The question was not asked of you. I suggest you have the courtesy of letting the intended recipient respond first, then you may weigh in.

asserted in his article
Mind citing the source? I'd like to read it.

Strange, the site is titled, “former masons†. Skip, you’re not a former mason are you?
Not strange at all: it's not my site, though the owner has my permission to use my material. And you already know I'm not a Mason. Cordially, Skip.

Traveling Man

Premium Member
The question was not asked of you. I suggest you have the courtesy of letting the intended recipient respond first, then you may weigh in.

Wow, I thought this was an open forum. I just looked up your profile and I see you are not a moderator.
When you ask a question here of Masons they are free to answer. I see you haven’t changed your tactics.

Not strange at all: it's not my site, though the owner has my permission to use my material. And you already know I'm not a Mason. Cordially, Skip.

I just wanted to make sure everyone here; again, knew that before they followed the link. They will then have some useful background information. You’re quite welcome.

Mind citing the source? I'd like to read it.

Since you are so well versed in all things Masonic you should be able to find the source of that quote. It’s called research!

Try just repeating that quote over and over, again and again.:001_smile:

Last edited:

CajunTinMan

I just know this. Skip, neither you, nor any other person on this earth, can tell me that I am not a Christian, who I pray to, or what I believe. Nor do you or the Anti- Masonic crowd have the power to condemn me to hell. That power is reserved to my God. And if you or anyone else has an issue with that then take it up with him..

Last edited: