My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any masons who skateboard here?

barofdeath

I'm 36, a bit old to still be out skateboarding around I guess. But I use it as part of my ministry to find God's lost kids. My faith and freemasonry saved my life, I only hope I can do the same for another.
Freemason Connect Mobile

barofdeath

Lol. I'm guilty of the same thing. As I get older, I find new uses for my skateboard.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freemasonry mobile app

Bro Darren

Premium Member
I have not stepped on a deck in over 10 years.
Just thinking of what I did 10 years ago, scares the heck out of me now.

Mason in the making

scialytic

Premium Member
Been about the same for me. Sometimes I'll see one at a friend's house or somewhere and jump on for a bir, but never hitting anything hard. I used to care less about my shoes...now it's another story! I wish I was as active as I used to be. I used to skate everywhere and on anything. I miss those adventures, but now I'd look like a yuppie having his midlife crisis or I'd forgot that I'm a lazy old man now...

Good for you to keep on it. You got to really prove yourself as worthy to kids these days. Talking about how you were just like them doesn't fly. I commend you Brother.

barofdeath

I make it a point to kick around the driveway at least once a year. For me its may 5th. I lost a good friend 5/8/95 while skateboarding. So I guess I make sure to roll around a bit on that day as a memory to him... and to keep hold of the good old days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Freemasonry mobile app

BrotherSkater

I'm 36, a bit old to still be out skateboarding around I guess. But I use it as part of my ministry to find God's lost kids. My faith and freemasonry saved my life, I only hope I can do the same for another.
Freemason Connect Mobile
I am 39 years old, I just started skate boarding this year, although it has been my passion since I was young. It has become a way to bond with my son who is 13 years old. Indeed my skateboarding may also broaden to reaching out to other kids and inspire them to pursue life goals apart from skate boarding and idle life. I am presently managing my own law firm yet I still find pleasure in skate boarding. I wish you all the best my brother and may your ministry thru skateboarding continue to be fruitful!

Sammcd

Premium Member
The last time I tried was about 10 years ago I was 55 years of age. Came away with my pride bruised as much as my body.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I spend more time on quad rollerskates these days, working with a roller derby league, but a decade ago I was teaching flow, ramps, and bowls at Skate School and running the events for TimeShip Racing. Lot of longboarding on mountains and in ditches. There's nothing like skating ditches!

Gedlocks

Freemason Connect Mobile
Hi there, I'm a London Mason and I still skateboard. I'm 50 years old and still ride bowls and halfpipes! It's reallly nice to know I'm not the only one!