My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone from Grand Lodge of Ohio

rpbrown

Premium Member
I have been trying to get a call back from someone at the GLoO for a few months now without a return call.
My wife drug me along garage sale shopping in January and I found a 50 year medal and plaque issued to a W.D Gardner from the GLoO. I asked the homeowner about them and he said they found them in March of 2020 when they moved in. I would love to get these back to the brother or his family or at least to the GloO.

Winter

Premium Member
Good on you Brother for attempting to repatriate the items. I hope you're able to get them to him or his family. So many items find their way to yard sales when a Brother dies and his family doesn't know the significance. My GL has a form that you attach to your will that stipulates what to do with your Masonic items after death.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Bloke

Premium Member
Well done Brother. Keep trying. When I am in that position, I try to reach out to the lodge from whence the member came, they might more value on it that GL.

rpbrown

Premium Member
Good news. I finally got an email from the GLoO. The brother whose items I have was raised in 1893. Unfortunately he passed in 1945, just 2 years after receiving his 50 year award. I am now going to send to the GLoO to either return it to the lodge for their historical display or to put it the the GL museum.
I only wish they could somehow find relatives to present it to, but at least it's going somewhat home to his brothers.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Good news. I finally got an email from the GLoO. The brother whose items I have was raised in 1893. Unfortunately he passed in 1945, just 2 years after receiving his 50 year award. I am now going to send to the GLoO to either return it to the lodge for their historical display or to put it the the GL museum.
I only wish they could somehow find relatives to present it to, but at least it's going somewhat home to his brothers.
You would have to hire a heir tracer and that could be cost restrictive unless there is a brother who is in that business that could find someone related to the individual.

Unfortunately, it would probably be a waste if the man did not have any living direct descendants.