My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appendant bodies

Bloke

Premium Member
...AASR is Trinitarian Christian in Australia.

Not quite right. I would assume it varies and I can only speak to Victoria, and I am also not a member, but have a non-Christian friend who is a member. I asked him about this last year. As I understand, it is not "support the Christian faith" which is slightly different. Although not a Christian, he says he does support the faith and hence is a member.. He got his 18th here, but 32nd in the States.

I am not sure if he is a member in the Scottish or Australian 18th Degree - both work here in Victoria. Also I don't know if the was NJ or SJ in the States, I think he got it in CA, which puts him NJ.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Not quite right. I would assume it varies and I can only speak to Victoria, and I am also not a member, but have a non-Christian friend who is a member. I asked him about this last year. As I understand, it is not "support the Christian faith" which is slightly different. Although not a Christian, he says he does support the faith and hence is a member.. He got his 18th here, but 32nd in the States.

I am not sure if he is a member in the Scottish or Australian 18th Degree - both work here in Victoria. Also I don't know if the was NJ or SJ in the States, I think he got it in CA, which puts him NJ.
Thanks for the correction. It appears the Order has widened its ambit. http://www.scottishrite.org.au/contact-us

Elexir

>AASR is Trinitarian Christian in Australia

I belong to a Scottish 18th in Australia and having learned large chunks of the ritual it is clear to me that Christianity is only a veneer upon a much older ritual. A careful reading of our ritual shows many statements that at best are heretical Christianity.

That would depend on what you mean by christianity....

CLewey44

You can always petition to start another Council.
This may seem a little bright eyed and bushy tailed of me but how does that work, in brief? Also how do you know if there is already a council or not in your area as to not step on any toes.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
This page shows constituent councils and st the top is a link for those areas with superintendents.
I’m shortest explanation, I would speak to the superintendent if there is such. If not, to the SGM. If approval appears favourable, they can outline the petition process.

Edit: apparently one to actually provide a link when it is referenced. Who knew?

http://www.amdusa.org/councils.html

Last edited:

CLewey44

This page shows constituent councils and st the top is a link for those areas with superintendents.
I’m shortest explanation, I would speak to the superintendent if there is such. If not, to the SGM. If approval appears favourable, they can outline the petition process.
Bro. Glen, I was browsing through my posts and saw this from a few weeks ago. Do you remember what link you were referring to here? Thanks-CL

Keith C

Sorry to resurrect a Zombie thread, but I thought it better than starting a brand new one with essentially similar subject.

Last night I met with the PM who has been working with me on my 3rd Degree memorization. I need to have it down pat by 10/16 when I will be tested. As we were chatting before getting into it, he informed me that at the last meeting of the AMD Chapter he belongs to, he recommended me for Membership, a vote was held and I will be receiving an invitation to join. Apparently I will be the 26th member of the Chapter, so there is only room for one more after me.

I asked him what happens when they get to 27, he said there was another Chapter in the area and if both get to 27, then it is likely a few members of each Chapter would petition to start another. He did not think it possible for a non-member to petition to start a Chapter, as they never would have been invited to join as it is an "invitation only" organization.

I will find out the process once I get the letter, but they only meet quarterly so the next meeting isn't until December.

CLewey44

Sorry to resurrect a Zombie thread, but I thought it better than starting a brand new one with essentially similar subject.

Last night I met with the PM who has been working with me on my 3rd Degree memorization. I need to have it down pat by 10/16 when I will be tested. As we were chatting before getting into it, he informed me that at the last meeting of the AMD Chapter he belongs to, he recommended me for Membership, a vote was held and I will be receiving an invitation to join. Apparently I will be the 26th member of the Chapter, so there is only room for one more after me.

I asked him what happens when they get to 27, he said there was another Chapter in the area and if both get to 27, then it is likely a few members of each Chapter would petition to start another. He did not think it possible for a non-member to petition to start a Chapter, as they never would have been invited to join as it is an "invitation only" organization.

I will find out the process once I get the letter, but they only meet quarterly so the next meeting isn't until December.

I think its great. Maybe you can be apart of the new Chapter down the road and make it closer to home (assuming the other two are a bit far). Congrats.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Art. XII.1.B: five Royal Arch Masons, at least one of whom must be an AMD member, must sign the form requesting a Charter.

Keith C

I think its great. Maybe you can be apart of the new Chapter down the road and make it closer to home (assuming the other two are a bit far). Congrats.

Well, the Chapter meets in the same building as my Blue Lodge, and gathers for breakfast before the meeting just down the road, so I hope to stay put!

Art. XII.1.B: five Royal Arch Masons, at least one of whom must be an AMD member, must sign the form requesting a Charter.

Thanks Glen!