My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apron Badge

George Thorne

Hi all, i am haveing difficulty ordering a badge for my apron,

They asked for thr details; province, rank and office,

Obviously i k ow the province and office, but what does he mean by rank?

Thank you very much for your help,

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
You're asking a primarily American audience what seems to be an English Constitution question... are you a lodge officer, a provincial officer, or a grand officer?

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Yes its british masonry, under the provincial grand lodge of warwickshire, as a steward
Is it Provincial Grand Steward or Lodge Steward?
If it is previous, Warwickshire, ProvGStwd, Steward
If it is latter, leave blank, MM(unless you are a installed master), leave blank

Bloke

Premium Member
Another question would be if you are a "Bro" or "WBro" and above.. your prenominal will give an indication of 'rank" unless you're in Scotland.. I would suggest if you are not across this, then you probably hold the rank of Master Mason and not beyond. Our Const. has a list of Grand Lodge Ranks which might give some guidance (which is what they are asking about, not the office you've been installed in except WM, for then, you obtain the GL prenominal of "WBro") , but it would be very unusual for a Freemason to hold a GL Rank and not know and understand it..

I would not order your new badge until you've spoken to a knowledge reliable local lest you order something you are not entitled to wear.

Hope that helps.

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Another question would be if you are a "Bro" or "WBro" and above.. your prenominal will give an indication of 'rank" unless you're in Scotland.. I would suggest if you are not across this, then you probably hold the rank of Master Mason and not beyond. Our Const. has a list of Grand Lodge Ranks which might give some guidance (which is what they are asking about, not the office you've been installed in except WM, for then, you obtain the GL prenominal of "WBro") , but it would be very unusual for a Freemason to hold a GL Rank and not know and understand it..

I would not order your new badge until you've spoken to a knowledge reliable local lest you order something you are not entitled to wear.

Hope that helps.

Just to add that, if there's any uncertainties in the regalia, ask the (ProvG)Sec or (ProvG)DC. They will probably have a good answer for you.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry