My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asking for an help

Luigi Visentin

Asking for an help

I hope not to violate any rule of the forum but I need an help: for my researches on the Legend of the Craft, I'm trying to check the affirmation of an old masonic scholar, Dr. Begemann who says that part of the manuscripts of the so called "Spencer family" have been copied by an edition of the "The Famous and Memorable Works of Josephus, A Man of Much Honour and Learning Among the Jews. Faithfully Translated out of the Latin and French, by Thomas Lodge." About this book there are many editions (from 1607 to almost 1700) also online and likely Dr. Begemann is right, but he identifies two particulars editions, the one of 1655 and the one of 1670, which however cannot be accessed online. The existing books are very expensive and the one that are in public or university libraries are, obviously, of restricted access and not available from Italy. Someone who has access to a library which has one of these editions could help me? Thank you very much for the attention and, in case, for the help!

Luigi Visentin

That book is easily over a grand to start
I do not know if I have right understood your phrase, but honestly I have started about six years ago. That book is needed only for a couple of confirmations/negations of a part of the results.
Thank you in any case for the link. Is one of the lowest prices I have seen but it is still high to check a couple of pages :confused:! In any case I will take it in consideration.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I do not know if I have right understood your phrase, but honestly I have started about six years ago. That book is needed only for a couple of confirmations/negations of a part of the results.
Thank you in any case for the link. Is one of the lowest prices I have seen but it is still high to check a couple of pages :confused:! In any case I will take it in consideration.
Hes saying the book starts @ over 1000$

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

BullDozer Harrell

It might cost less in Italian currency.