My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Astral Projection!

sudo

What are your opinions on it, and have you ever been able to astral project?

I've come close, but something keeps holding me on the fence. More practice maybe.

Photo credit: Alex Grey
3605cad92199daff9da5a343c3780e95.jpg

CLewey44

While interesting to ponder, I don't think you'll get a ton of conversation on these sort of topics out of this site. This is primarily BL Freemasonry and Masonic appendant bodies. We will touch on 'fringe Masonry' as well sometimes. Maybe we can start a new section that has this sort of conversations.

sudo

While interesting to ponder, I don't think you'll get a ton of conversation on these sort of topics out of this site. This is primarily BL Freemasonry and Masonic appendant bodies. We will touch on 'fringe Masonry' as well sometimes. Maybe we can start a new section that has this sort of conversations.

Not a bad idea.

Center

As James the Just said. I guess what keep you on the fence is that you are afraid. And i think that one should do. I would warmly suggest you to not try. Usually people that did this went through a really long preparation. Most of the ancient mystery schools prepared adepts to visit the world you mention. At my advise are experiences you should be prepared. Is like to go to the fire, if one does not have anti fire clothing risks seriously to get burned. Literally. Of course just an advice. I recommend to read steiner on these topics

dfreybur

Premium Member
Not a lot of Masons are interested in mystical topics such as astral projection. While that is included in the topics that can be studied it is definitely not in the topics that must be studied. As topics go it is both optional and unpopular. If you're here for topics like this you are looking in the wrong groups.

As one of those interested in the mystical, astral projection is an attempt to move the consciousness to a location other than the body. As our senses are based in the body this brings in the question of how we can experience events that would not be available to the senses of the body.

As one of those steeped in science, astral projection seems to be a feeling of detachment. No one reporting astral projection ever reports events in other rooms that could not be observed by the body, yet it often feels like that happened.

Whatever astral projection is, it seems to happen. People having near death experiences tend to report looking at their body from the outside. They report details of conversations that happened while their brains were flat lined. But they also never report on events in other rooms.

David612

None.

Some groups became interested and spun out of Masonry to go their own way. Golden Dawn and OTO for example.
I just thought it interesting that people argue the authenticity of of PHO or other similar organisations and then we have this sort of discussion

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Most Freemasons will argue regularity and recognition till they’re blue in the face. The number who pursue subjects like this are fewer but no less fervent.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I just thought it interesting that people argue the authenticity of of PHO or other similar organisations and then we have this sort of discussion

PHO argues they are within regular Masonry. Golden Dawn acknowledges they left the topics of Masonry. It's not a pair of topics similar enough to be called apples and oranges.

David612

PHO argues they are within regular Masonry. Golden Dawn acknowledges they left the topics of Masonry. It's not a pair of topics similar enough to be called apples and oranges.
And yet we are on a freemason forum discussing astral projection, Granted my experience is limited to the blue lodge but that I’d say astral projection is a bit more irregular..

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
And yet we are on a freemason forum discussing astral projection, Granted my experience is limited to the blue lodge but that I’d say astral projection is a bit more irregular..
More like discussion "discussing astral projection".

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
My Mother Lodge has a club (open to the public) that meets on Saturday mornings that discusses anything that is brought up; astral projection, pyramids, conspiracies, joining the lodge, traffic to Albuquerque, you name it. Asking questions and seeking answers are considered Masonic pursuits there.
I never saw anything “irregular” about it. Still don’t.