My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic uncomprehension about Masonic organizing of a Grand Lodge & its constituents.

BullDozer Harrell

Greetings and Peace and Blessings to all you brothers on this informative site. I recently just joined so I'm still moving around the site slowly. I just read the "Order out of Chaos" document that was posted and I would like to know what is your masonic perspective on the New Progressive Supreme Council Headed by Ralph Slaughter. Sov. Grnd. Com., PHA out of D.C.
Brother Ripcord gave you the simplest Masonic perspective. The bottom view is that they're struggling with legitimacy issues. Right now they're held to be an organization out of line with the rest of Prince Hall Masonry.

Same as the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of the Virgin Islands.

Kenneth Munn

Brother Ripcord gave you the simplest Masonic perspective. The bottom view is that they're struggling with legitimacy issues. Right now they're held to be an organization out of line with the rest of Prince Hall Masonry.

Same as the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of the Virgin Islands.
Greetings Brother, Thank you for the feedback. My next question is, could we identify this group as BOGUS. If we do then how do we deal with present PHA Grand Masters who support this movement and who influence other brothers from their jurisdiction to be on board with this new movement. I'm sure the Northern nor Southern Jurisdiction (mainstream) Supreme Councils doesn't recognize this body. You made mention about the Virgin Islands and I think you would be referring to the situation where a brother was made a Grand Master over the lodges in that region without the consent of the presiding Grand Bodies governing the lodges in that area.PHA. Please let me know if this information is correct and if so how do we deal with a torn masonic fabric which seeks to not only morally undermine the craft but to input political agendas for numbers and purple crowns. I think that this information should be addressed on a larger platform.

BullDozer Harrell

Greetings Brother, Thank you for the feedback. My next question is, could we identify this group as BOGUS. If we do then how do we deal with present PHA Grand Masters who support this movement and who influence other brothers from their jurisdiction to be on board with this new movement. I'm sure the Northern nor Southern Jurisdiction (mainstream) Supreme Councils doesn't recognize this body. You made mention about the Virgin Islands and I think you would be referring to the situation where a brother was made a Grand Master over the lodges in that region without the consent of the presiding Grand Bodies governing the lodges in that area.PHA. Please let me know if this information is correct and if so how do we deal with a torn masonic fabric which seeks to not only morally undermine the craft but to input political agendas for numbers and purple crowns. I think that this information should be addressed on a larger platform.
You're very welcome to put yourself into a situation that's personally above my Masonic pay grade.

I can understand though that awareness is a great thing.

May you continue to look into these matters with a due diligence, and use prudence before speaking some thoughts out loud.

It's a very small Masonic world.

Kenneth Munn

You're very welcome to put yourself into a situation that's personally above my Masonic pay grade.

I can understand though that awareness is a great thing.

May you continue to look into these matters with a due diligence, and use prudence before speaking some thoughts out loud.

It's a very small Masonic world.

Greetings Bro. Harrell, I think that at some point the craft will be directly or indirectly put into this situation, regardless of how we personally feel about commenting on the issue. I notice that when it comes to certain bogus masonic bodies or non PHA/MS masonic bodies, we tend to go hard at those topics pertaining to their origin, who their members were and are, and then label them as clandestine , bogus , etc. We are now faced with something that has caused friction within the craft and brothers use excuses not to comment on it as if its a hush up situation. We have an imperative obligation which resides at the foundation of our heart/soul. We are taught that truth is a divine attribute and the foundation of every virtue. To practice this attribute in our masonic travels allows us to manifest the virtue of prudence. Now you made mention of a small masonic world, and I would really like to know what is it that you really mean before I comment on that portion of your post.
Peace and Blessings.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Greetings Bro. Harrell, I think that at some point the craft will be directly or indirectly put into this situation, regardless of how we personally feel about commenting on the issue. I notice that when it comes to certain bogus masonic bodies or non PHA/MS masonic bodies, we tend to go hard at those topics pertaining to their origin, who their members were and are, and then label them as clandestine , bogus , etc. We are now faced with something that has caused friction within the craft and brothers use excuses not to comment on it as if its a hush up situation. We have an imperative obligation which resides at the foundation of our heart/soul. We are taught that truth is a divine attribute and the foundation of every virtue. To practice this attribute in our masonic travels allows us to manifest the virtue of prudence. Now you made mention of a small masonic world, and I would really like to know what is it that you really mean before I comment on that portion of your post.
Peace and Blessings.
I think your statement that brothers are using excuses not to comment on the schism as if it were a hush up is unfair. I would commend both the humility demonstrated with the acknowledgment that a matter is not within a particular Mason's area of responsibility, and the "prudence" demonstrated, a trait which you commended.

BullDozer Harrell

Peace and Blessings.
What I'm saying is that these matters are delicate. Alot of powerful Prince Hall members are struggling with it.

Before maybe thinking that it's cut & dried, it might surprise you to find out that it's not.

To speak out prematurely and classify certain powerful Prince Hall leaders clandestine might have some surprising & unintended consequences on people who are better to leave the leaders to sort it out.

This isn't a situation like what we usually are clear about regarding other groups who fail to meet the accepted standards of Regularity.

These are men who are still movers & shakers in the Masonic world until such time is decided by their peers that they are either in or out. MW Slaughter is still a very powerful Mason.

Take it easy.

bupton52

Premium Member
What I'm saying is that these matters are delicate. Alot of powerful Prince Hall members are struggling with it.

Before maybe thinking that it's cut & dried, it might surprise you to find out that it's not.

To speak out prematurely and classify certain powerful Prince Hall leaders clandestine might have some surprising & unintended consequences on people who are better to leave the leaders to sort it out.

This isn't a situation like what we usually are clear about regarding other groups who fail to meet the accepted standards of Regularity.

These are men who are still movers & shakers in the Masonic world until such time is decided by their peers that they are either in or out. MW Slaughter is still a very powerful Mason.

Take it easy.

"A very powerful Mason"

What does that mean?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
The letter of the law is generally clear. It is black and white.

The spirit of the law is generally not as clear. Things are black and white they are a myriad of different shades.

I'm sure most people could read and come to a knee jerk reaction on this topic. However, I think doing so may "increase the temperature". Haven't all of us at some point done something that in that instant that action would make us look like horrible people. But in reality there is always a story, always other facts that can change how it should be viewed.

There will be rights and wrongs on each side. Let's remember these men going through these troubles are ALL still our brothers. Let's pray for a peaceful and joyful solution. Let us remember brotherly love.

Kenneth Munn

Take it easy.

Greetings Brother and thank you for your response. What I would like to say is that I did not direct the hush up comment towards you at all, however its real and its happening quit often. When a brother, no matter who he is and how influential he may be, as a leader he must demonstrate the character of leadership. If we tend to have a disagreement in our house/family, then we must have a sit down to discuss the situation. This brother (GM Slaughter) from the reports I have read, ran for the SG and lost. Once the brother lost he immediately started a SRSC with the support of certain GM.PHA. Please understand that I'm not judging I'm just dealing with the reality of what happen. He is now a SGC , is that wrong, maybe not but to carry the title PHA is what some of the issues are. Many brothers on the subordinate levels will and are being confused in which way they should go. Now if you or I was to start our own SC Council and use PHA as part of our title would that not be somewhat confusing. If not confusing, what would that be. That's a blatant challenge to the present body who has been carrying that title with a long history. I'm quit sure you know the history. You made a comment in regards to how we should view this situation versus other groups, I really don't see the difference. If its not just my brother its not just. What acceptable standards would justify this. Sincerity and Plain dealing distinguish us as men and masons. No matter how powerful a man may seem in society we never bow down to that man. We humble ourselves to the Creator/GAOUTU. Peace and Blessings,