My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Becoming a free mason

Raymond Walters

Premium Member
How do I become a free mason

Freemason Connect Mobile

I would imagine that if you would introduce yourself, and inform the brothers where you live, that would be a good start.

I would like to know what it is that has you asking this question and what draws you to be on the quest you are presently on for information.

raygordon23

I was talking to a Mason not to long ago and he was. Telling me. What Mason where about and he told me that it had to be in my heart first and to make a long story short I have been calling but no help

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Freemasonry mobile app

crono782

Premium Member
Well sadly the phone seems about the least helpful tool when it comes to finding a lodge. What state are you in? My advice is to search online for local lodges. See if they have a website or a local listing of when they meet or drive by and stop in if you see cars. Show up at a meeting and inquire. Visit several lodges if possible. Email seems to work better than calling if you can find a website. Once you've visited one, they can help point you to others in the area to visit. Good Luck.

Freemason Connect Mobile

crono782

Premium Member
http://www.princehall-pa.org/GrandLodge/lodges/lodges.htm

Check out the above link. For Philly, it looks like you're going to want 1st district, although it wouldn't hurt to look at some other lodges if they are close by you. From the large number of lodges in your area, it looks like you have quite a variety to choose from. Visit several and see which lodge of Brothers fits YOU and YOU feel comfortable around. The site doesn't give meeting times, but it does give days. Meetings are usually somewhere around 6:30, but some lodges meet in the mornings. A lot of them have website links as well. Follow those and look for an email address (esp for the secretary). Even if they don't have a website, it couldn't hurt to google the lodge name/city. I've found several lodge email addresses/meeting times on google/yahoo groups sites even if the lodge doesn't have a dedicated site. Good hunting!