My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Becoming a Freemason

Jezebel

Hi,I live in Italy there are many Masonic lodges,but I don't know how I can a member... I wrote them,they answered to me,And they talked to me about in the person...they said that they call me again for give 'em a picture of myself etc Anyway 2 years old passed so nobody contacted me anymore and I don't know what can I do to be a part of it.

Sent from my AGS-L09 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bloke

Premium Member
You need to keep trying. It is common to hear contacts are passed to volunteers who do not follow up, or that a number in a phone number or letter in an email is taken down wrong.

You might note this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Orient_of_Italy#Regularity

I am fairly sure the Regular Grand Lodge of Italy would be the one I would recommend - but does anyone have a copy of Pantograph handy to check for him ?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
You need to keep trying. It is common to hear contacts are passed to volunteers who do not follow up, or that a number in a phone number or letter in an email is taken down wrong.

You might note this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Orient_of_Italy#Regularity

I am fairly sure the Regular Grand Lodge of Italy would be the one I would recommend - but does anyone have a copy of Pantograph handy to check for him ?
UGLE is in amity with RGLI. The US GLs recognize the Grand Orient.

dfreybur

Premium Member
Hi,I live in Italy there are many Masonic lodges,but I don't know how I can a member... I wrote them,they answered to me,And they talked to me about in the person...they said that they call me again for give 'em a picture of myself etc Anyway 2 years old passed so nobody contacted me anymore and I don't know what can I do to be a part of it.

Generally Masonry is in person. While it is allowed to contact lodges and grand lodges by mail you should never wait a second for any response.

They met you in person? Go see them in person again.

Elexir

Generally Masonry is in person. While it is allowed to contact lodges and grand lodges by mail you should never wait a second for any response.

They met you in person? Go see them in person again.

While your answer might be the best in the US in other juristictions it is a bit harder for non-masons to directly approach masons or lodges due to diffrent reasons.
Remember that in Italy freemasonry is under attack both from ordinary people and authorities.