My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Being raised

Luke

Atascosa lodge #379 will be holding two MM degrees on September 5 2009 at 9 o'clock. Show up early for coffee and afterward we will eat.

This is almost it boys. I am getting raised. I'm a little down because I haven't had the chance to see any FC degrees but my proficiency went awesomely.

I do not own any jewelry or anything but If I did I still couldn't wear it until I gave my MM proficiency right?

Well, thank you preemptively.
Me :beer: Cheers!

Ben Rodriguez

Congratulations. As far as jewelery, I wore my ring the same night upon being raised. Just as a tip for your degree: Listen very well, pay extra attention and enjoy! :)

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Early Congratulations.

I will go with the same logic on jewelry as I have heard on voting. Once you are raised you are a Master Mason. However my personal opinion and what I adhered to even though I was told I could, was that I did not truly know everything until I turned in and would not wear a ring till I had taken that final step. A ring is a ring it is the knowledge, pursuit of being a better man, and greater understanding which matters. No matter what I may do it is imperative that I represent freemasonry to the best of my ability. Just my two cents.

Luke

Thank you everyone.
The MM degree was very(very very) awesome. The EA was much more exciting but the MM was more emotional for me. I just today went to Floresville 515 and saw a MM degree put on by the same sons that put my degree on. The blue lodge degree team was there too. They did a beautiful job and Brother D does a beautiful presentation.

On another note, I met a brother who recognized me from this forum today. Floresville is his lodge. He was very kind and I look forward to meeting him again. Thank you so much for having me Brother.

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
Thank you everyone.
The MM degree was very(very very) awesome. The EA was much more exciting but the MM was more emotional for me. I just today went to Floresville 515 and saw a MM degree put on by the same sons that put my degree on. The blue lodge degree team was there too. They did a beautiful job and Brother D does a beautiful presentation.

On another note, I met a brother who recognized me from this forum today. Floresville is his lodge. He was very kind and I look forward to meeting him again. Thank you so much for having me Brother.

Brother Luke, it was nice meeting you in person today in Floresville. I knew I would run into you sooner or later. Just didn't think it would be in Floresville. We had an excellent MM Degree today thanks to the Sons of Hiram and Blue Lodge Degree teams from San Antonio. Because of the Shrine Circus, some of the Shriners were busy. But the other degree team pitched in and did a great job. I'll see you again I'm sure.