Best practice

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Morris, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Morris

Morris Premium Member

Is your lodge excelling in an area? What is your lodges best practice area that others can learn from? Please share here!

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

I belong to two lodges. I can't point to any one area but both lodges are constantly supporting worthy causes and I am very proud to be associated with them.

3. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

This thread seems unusually short. :)

Morris likes this.
  4. RyanC

RyanC Registered User

Not sure what you mean by excelling, by get new members, by keeping members, or by work with in the community.

5. Sammcd

Sammcd Premium Member

Don't know if this is what your looking for but our lodge has what we unofficially call Blue Lodge collage of Masonic knowledge which meets on Saturday Morning. We do ritual work in whatever the degree of those present allows. Everyone who has a desire to advance in the chairs works on opening and closing the degrees. we do round robin categorical lectures and Lodge etiquette and of course coffee and donuts. There are three lodges sharing the temple. So there are Brothers of all three lodges present most Saturday But as on meeting nights the same faces are in attendance.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. Morris

Morris Premium Member

Thank you. I just wanted to learn or read some different lodge practices and such. I said excelling when I guess I was just trying to learn of areas or functions of the lodge that an individual would consider like a best practice.

In my line of work I will do inspections and I get to see how the same job is done in many different ways. At the end of each inspection we will put out something to all the units on what we consider a great or unique way of accomplishing the job.

Again. Thanks for the response. Sounds like a cool way to learn and bond. Plus, who doesn't like donuts!

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  7. RyanC

RyanC Registered User

Education, ever meeting should have it, with a discussion after where everyone has a chance talk and discuss about the lecture. This I found is a great way to bond with your brothers as well as become a better man.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
    hanzosbm and Sammcd like this.

Share My Freemasonry