Blue lodge and York Rite

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by Tyler Atkinson, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Bro. Landry

Bro. Landry Registered User

Do you have to go in a certain order in the YR as far as the different houses? Is it possible to do HRA then KT for example.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

In jurisdictions with Cryptic, Chapter and Council may be prerequisites to KT. However, you do not have to go to KT.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Warrior1256 and Derek Harvey like this.
  3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Thanks for the clarification.

4. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Correct in my jurisdiction also. You start with the degrees in the Chapter and work your way through to the Knights Templar. You can stop at any point that you want but you can not start in the reverse order. The only way to become a Knight Templar is to complete the degrees of the Chapter and Council. Then the Order of the Red Cross and the Order of Malta.

5. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

I believe some jurisdictions have Council without requiring it for KT but you would have to check within your own area.
    Edit: note that this is a US issue. Such requirements don't exist elsewhere.

6. Tyler Atkinson

Tyler Atkinson Registered User

I think the reason why he recommended I wait was because maybe he thinks I'll leave the blue lodge and focus more on the YR. I really just want to gain the knowledge from the degrees and go to a meeting every now and then.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Warrior1256

I've heard this also.
    I can understand his concern. Some guys join the Blue Lodge just so that they can join an appendent body then you never see them again in lodge.

Tyler Atkinson likes this.
  8. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

Minnesota did that for quite a while. Council existed, but wasn't required for KT. A few years ago the Council requirement was instated/reinstated, primarily because almost no one was joining Council and it was in danger of becoming defunct.

9. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Brother, I say join it. If you are drawn towards it, do it. It's totally up to you and apart of your rights, lights and benefits.

Bloke, Tyler Atkinson and goomba like this.
  10. Tyler Atkinson

Tyler Atkinson Registered User

I certainly did this and I am very glad I did! The teachings and the information go hand in hand with that of the Craft Degrees.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  11. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Absolutely, I've heard the Mark Master degree is great and probably reignites many brothers' interest in the BL as well.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  12. Warrior1256

Great!
    I agree.

Share My Freemasonry