My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books

chef1216

Greetings brothers. Have any of you heard of this book. And is it a good read?
7fdada68b3a990dc7137f93ba99d72c2.jpg
7fdada68b3a990dc7137f93ba99d72c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Bloke

Premium Member
I have read it. Proposes a wild theory, then next chapter presents that theory as fact and accumlatvely keeps doing it.

Glen is probably not being over harsh.... that said, it is often discussed (as is The Brotherhood by Stephen Knight, which is probably worse than the Hiram Key because Knight attacks us and infers and accuses dishonesty without hard evidence .... his accusations, and others like his, caused a real stink in the UK and unjustly affected careers... without the accusations surviving proper investigation ). It's worth reading both but out of principle I would not give Knight a dime...i got mine in the $2 shop where both books belong, but at least the Hiram Key was interesting, albeit fanciful.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Yep, what Brothers Glen and Bloke said and then some. If you want speculative fantasy, enjoy the ride for what it is.

Last edited:

dfreybur

Premium Member
That's the one with the stinky mummy, right? Very entertaining when taken as entertainment. Very nonsensical when taken as a suggestion about actual events. I eventually gave away my copy but as long as it was on my book shelf it was organized in the science fiction and historical fiction section.

Bloke

Premium Member
That's the one with the stinky mummy, right? Very entertaining when taken as entertainment. Very nonsensical when taken as a suggestion about actual events. I eventually gave away my copy but as long as it was on my book shelf it was organized in the science fiction and historical fiction section.

Excuuuuuuuse me ! I think it was a ROYAL mummy and hence surely could not stink ! :p

But that aside, that's the one in the same book Dfreybur

Bloke

Premium Member
Too hard?

Here is a start: the WM is up 3 steps.

It's not too hard James, just that for me, at the moment, Freemasonry is more about the energy i put into how I live my life today rather than the detail of where the system was derived....

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I was faster posting :p

( but acknowledge the discussion would be of great importance to many... just not me at this point of my journey)
In my case it is a superfluity that has no place in my journey. I divest distractions that might be fun to chase, but have no relevance to what I want from life.

I've seen far to many rabbit chases that provide nothing of substance and end in wasted time. This would be one of them.

Bloke

Premium Member
I'm with you Coach with the sole rider that we all have different journeys.... these questions are central to brothers like James and I respect that.... all should be tools for education and self reflection..