My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brother who are in the Order

tomasball

Premium Member
Here's my advice. Don't join any appendant body without hanging out with the members a bit, and making certain you are going to enjoy their company. All I got to say on the matter.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I enjoy all of the time that I get to spend with the Ladies and Brethren of our local chapter. The Order of the Eastern Star has certainly improved the relationship between my wife and I, as well as with my Mother. The degrees taught during initiation are very educational and important. I do not think that it is fair to compare them to the lessons taught in the first degrees in Masonry. O.E.S. degrees are special in their own right, and were written by a Mason B.: Rob Morris.

As "thomasball" mentioned just as you likely did during your Lodge search, make sure that your social needs for interaction are met with the other members before you petition. Find a group (Chapter) that you have something in common with. I have never regretted ANY appendant body of Masonry that I have ever joined!!!

Respectfully,
Bro. Stewart Owings - Associate Patron
Lonnie L. Blake Chapter #1116 - Order of the Eastern Star

khilles

Thank you everyone. Im going to really take the advice and attend and check out some of their social events and community services

KSigMason

Traveling Templar
Site Benefactor
I am a member of the Eastern Star and enjoy my time with them. I wasn't very involved the first 2-years, but now I'm jumping into more as I was just asked to sit in the West as Associate Patron.