My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BY laws!

JB93

Do prince hall or mainstream HAVE to purchase paraphernalia from prince hall or mainstream, or yall can buy paraphernalia from anywhere you choose?

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Anywhere you please. I'm a Prince Hall mason and I buy Masonic paraphernalia from a "Mainstream" Shriner international temple. There are lapel pins you can buy that say PHA or GL, but for the most part we mostly wear the same paraphernalia.

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I'm unaware of any state GL which requires purchase from a particular source. UGLE does not. I purchase my aprons and collars from Craftings in Chester

dfreybur

Premium Member
Very little paraphernalia of any sort is available from any of my jurisdictions. Ritual training and Masonic education materials, forms and publications.

Almost all paraphernalia I have seen is from private companies or private individuals. There should not be any bylaw that favors any specific business. That's not in line with our values.

Even the shops that I have seen at appendent body centers are actually private companies.

acjohnson53

it's called profit sharing, wm let's him set up out side make his little change and give the Lodge a cut for his services, it's the American Dream. No harm, no foul, that way a brother don't have to wait on snail mail to get their trinkets and regalia...