My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calling on all 2015 Senior Wardens, 2016 Worshipful Masters and interested brethren

MBC

Twice Registered User
Premium Member
Worshipful Brethren, Brethren all,

It is the custom in my local city to gather all Masters of the Lodge in that area to form a "Circle" or a "Circus" to link or unite all the lodges together. Usually it is done in the SW year, then they will progress to Master together in the same year, also when they retire from the Chairs and install their successors.
The circle usually links all lodges within the circle, will do visitations (if possible), charitable events, exchange of rituals, customs in different lodges, news and etc. I think this idea may works in this internet and international community too! We can have a regular informal links between different lodges that spread over four quarters of the globe, including US, UK, and other jurisdictions. And also if you go to another countries you can visit a lodge in that area directly as you have connections already.
I think it would be good to know some brethren that we will go through the Chair in the same year, should be good fun! (or we can shed a tear together on our Chairs if those PMs a bit annoying :p)

Last edited:

Canadian Paul

For many years the lodges under both the GL of Scotland and the Gl of Newfoundland and Labrador in the St. John's metropolitan area of this Canadian province have followed a schedule by which each lodge is the 'Official Visitor' at the regular meeting of another lodge each month. The visiting Master usually brings along a 'delegation' from his lodge and is especially welcomed by the Master of the Lodge and given a chance to introduce his delegation. He is also asked to close the G.M.L at the end of the meeting - even when higher-ranking brethren are also present. With 11 lodges in the area a Master gets to visit every other lodge 'officially' during his year in office.

There having been lodges under two different Grand Lodges working here in peace and harmony since the 1860's these constant inter-visitations keep reminding us that while there are two separate and sovereign jurisdictions here there is only ONE masonic fraternity.

Reactions: MBC