My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camping Recomendations

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
I know there are a lot of Native Sons on here, so I was wondering if someone could recommend a good camping spot here in Texas that actually allows dogs (normal sized dogs, not rat dogs).

Thanks,
-Bro Vick

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Not sure what you are all looking for, I spent a short weekend down at Palmetto State Park I took my lacy with me and a buddy took his German Shepard mix. For a 2 day trip it was a nice little camp.

I can't remember any of the State parks where I haven't been able to bring my dog. If you like rock climbing then Enchanted rock is pretty fun. Colorado Bend is also a pretty cool State park, not sure on dogs.

If time isn't an issue I recommend Big Bend federal park. Part of the primitive camping is only accessible by 4x4. Last time I was out there I saw a Mountain Lion and a Black Bear. BAH just pulled this up and it says that pets are not allowed on the trails.

Texas Parks and Wildlife Department:Find a Park
TPWD has only this requirement about pets.

Pets not allowed on State parks
A domesticated companion animal accompanying a person who enters or uses a state park. In no event shall a pet under this subchapter include the following:
(A) a dangerous wild animal, as defined in Health and Safety Code, §822.101;
(B) wildlife;
(C) livestock and exotic livestock as defined in Agriculture Code, §§1.003, 142.001, and 161.001;
(D) any species of animal that is not ordinarily domesticated; or
(E) any species of animal that a person may not legally possess.

Pet Requirements
Pets. It is an offense for any person to:
(A) bring into, possess, or permit to roam within a state park a pet, unless the pet is secured by a leash not exceeding six feet in length, confined in a vehicle, or confined in a suitable cage;
(B) bring into or possess within a state park an unattended pet;
(C) fail to immediately collect and properly dispose of fecal material deposited by a pet for which a person is responsible. For purposes of this paragraph, “properly dispose†means to deposit fecal material in an appropriate solid waste collection container;
(D) bring a pet into an area where pets are prohibited;
(E) permit a pet (except a trained assistance animal accompanying a person with a disability) to enter into or remain in any building or enclosure designated for public use including, but not limited to, a restaurant, snack bar, cabin, lodge room, restroom, park store, shelter, refectory building, amphitheater, administration building, or railroad coach;
(F) permit a pet in the water of a designated swimming area or to permit a pet animal (except a trained assistance animal accompanying a person with a disability) within the land or beach area adjacent to the water of a designated swimming area; or
(G) possess a noisy, vicious, or dangerous pet, or a pet which creates a disturbance to or hazard within a state park;

Last edited:

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
GOIN TO DINO VALLEY.

we would literally repeat this statement around 500 times on the way to DINO VALLEY... my parents hated going there because of it. we loved it though. stupid kids!

(well, we'd do until until we started getting swatted at)

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
All thanks or the suggestions, I think we will give Dino Park a try, I will let you all know how it turns out.