My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can a Hindu join

mas2500

In the mind of one who is simple, they only see Hinduism as a pantheon religion. In reality it is both a pantheon, and monotheistic. Brahman be the unlimited force can make himself into many to help man. I ask because my grandfather was a mason, ( he even named me mason) that you could join if you believed in a single supreme being. ImageUploadedByFreemason Connect HD1378397191.310459.jpg

Freemason Connect HD

dfreybur

Premium Member
There are many Hindu brothers and have been for a couple of centuries. Do not over analyze. The question to decide on, and to decide on for yourself not for anyone else, is if you believe in the existence of a supreme being whatever those words mean to you. If mean Brahman then that's all you need to petition.

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
The question, "Can a follower of <insert relgion> be a Freemason?" is one that can, on it's face, always be answered in the affirmative. There are no "acceptable" or "unacceptable" religions. Period.

Now, that's not to say that a follower of The Church of Satan is likely to find an easy time of it should he petition for membership, but it will be his answer to the question about his belief in deity and probably other personal traits that will swing the balance, not the name of his church.

Ajay Chandar

Most certainly. I am a Hindu Freemason. There's nothing in Masonry that conflicts with my religious beliefs.

Lodges functioning under the Grand Lodge of India open five Volumes of Sacred Law on the altar. I took my obs. on the Bhagavad Gita.

Bloke

Premium Member
It's an old topic but worthwhile and will be found by a google search.

One of my best mates in lodge is a Hindu and I've met several Freemasons of the Faith. No issue with you becoming a Freemason because of you being a Hindu.