My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can someone under 18 years old become a freemason ?

Youssef Talaat

hello ,

i am Youssef Talaat a 15 year old from egypt ( yes i know i am very young ) i wanted to know if i can become a freemason and if i can where are the lodges located and what are the procedures of becoming a freemason
thank you

JanneProeliator

These is a group called Order of DeMolay witch is for young men from ages 12 to 21.
DeMolay is not Masonry Per Se but very close tide to MAsonry.
Check if there is a DeMolay in your area and try contacting them.

I'm sure there is brethen on this forum who are more familiar with DeMOlay then I am and can tell you bit more.

www.demolay.org

tldubb

Premium Member
I believe it’s outlawed in Egypt like a good majority Middle East country’s exception US military bases.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Ajay Chandar

That's not possible anywhere in the world. In most jurisdictions, one must be at least 21 years of age, or 18, if one's father is a Mason.

acjohnson53

no, you haven't learned enough about life to be like me. You gotta be at least 35 or 40 before you can ask a question like, but I see you ambition to be one...

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Clarification: There is no recognised Freemasonry in Egypt. In 2015, the CGMNA Commission received correspondence purportedly from a grand lodge in that country.
I’m going to stick with my earlier reply as anyone can write a letter claiming to be from a “Grand Lodge” we’ve seen 2 recently in England.

acjohnson53

Big Dawg not hating on you about your age, but what does a fifteen year old have in common with a fifty year old???you should be focusing high school stuff, like football, basketball, girls..we are not going anywhere.

David612

Big Dawg not hating on you about your age, but what does a fifteen year old have in common with a fifty year old???you should be focusing high school stuff, like football, basketball, girls..we are not going anywhere.
To be fairl the 50 year old is probably out numbered by the 80 year olds-
Should just wait to be 80.

acjohnson53

my point exactly, although Lodges like young men to come in to carry on the tradition of Freemasonry, we welcome the youth movement, especially if you sharp, and you are on the level....We got you, give yourself a few more years once you settled down in your life, we will still be here/G\SMIB