My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can we?

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I was in KY for 3 weeks. I went to 3 different lodges. The 1st was putting on a MM deg, but didn’t have enough brothers present so they did a “short form” degree. I’d never heard of it before but basically after the deed was done the raising happened. And then everything that is supposed to happen between those two events was presented to the brother in a slide show lecture.
The other two were business meetings and lasted maybe 45 minutes not including dinner before hand.
As brother Steve said above I went because I was in KY alone, and because KY doesn’t have a standardized ritual, they have 4. So I wanted to see if the lodges were much different and they were. Three different openings and closings and orders of business.

I did however enjoy the lantern lecture during the MM Deg. I’ve seen MMs in 4 other jurisdictions and never heard of a lantern lecture

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

CLewey44

I was in KY for 3 weeks. I went to 3 different lodges. The 1st was putting on a MM deg, but didn’t have enough brothers present so they did a “short form” degree. I’d never heard of it before but basically after the deed was done the raising happened. And then everything that is supposed to happen between those two events was presented to the brother in a slide show lecture.
The other two were business meetings and lasted maybe 45 minutes not including dinner before hand.
As brother Steve said above I went because I was in KY alone, and because KY doesn’t have a standardized ritual, they have 4. So I wanted to see if the lodges were much different and they were. Three different openings and closings and orders of business.

I did however enjoy the lantern lecture during the MM Deg. I’ve seen MMs in 4 other jurisdictions and never heard of a lantern lecture

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry
Were you there during the High Council meeting in Louisville? Had a friend who went from Toronto.

CLewey44

Yeah, they had their annual event there. It may be there every year but I'm not sure. I'm sure Bro. Glen could clarify that.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
They pulled out of the week of festivities, not the organization (it is not part of any other group). Several groups have done that, probably because there’s too dang much going on that week.
What other groups have pulled out?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Some lodges need to fail. I remember a few years ago attending lodge and the upstairs area was in such disrepair, that a MM lodge was opened around the dinner table on the first floor. Since that time the Lodge has demised.

Center

I think BL degrees have a lot of amazing insights, that can maintain a member busy for a lifetime.
Freemasonry is not dogmatic, nobody can tell you that the number 5 in the FC has a meaning instead of another, this is really good because stimulates research and the candidate look into himself.

The people that wrote the first tree rituals were special persons. I do not not know if all the mysteries are closed there or not. You will find in the literature a lot of different hunches regarding this and against this position. Originally is said that the Royal Arch was incorporated inside the degree of MM, and also is said that the MM was not present. I do not know, and possibly nobody knows the truth about the origins, but the rituals remain, and they are one of the most sublime things I ever read.

dpk Shah

Premium Member
I started feeling that way, but I realize that we are different people. I appreciate the history of our brotherhood. When I walk into my lodge, I can feel the presence of all the good men who came before. It inspires me to live life the best that I can

Brother, when I am in Lodge, I leave everything else at the door, I am in 'my own world'.

As for dwindling numbers, I visited a Lodge 97 kms away in the countryside, was an hour and 20 minutes drive from where I live. The WM was so happy that he had a visitor from the city, that too an unaccompanied EA. When he found out I could not stay for the festive board as I had to rush back to city for night shift, he 'gifted' me with the transcript of the lecture that was presented. It is moments like this that motivate me to visit whenever I can.