My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canada to NY to DC

widows son

Premium Member
My friend and I are planning a road trip to DC. But I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. He is a non mason, but enjoys the history, and I plan on visiting the house of the temple and other Masonic landmarks, can he come along and visit too?

2. We're planning on making a pit stop in NY, what are some good Masonic landmarks to visit there? I know there's a plethora in DC

3. We plan on visiting in June, and I hope to sit in at least one lodge meeting. I know he cant. Any brethren in the NYC and DC area where we can meet?

chrmc

For lodges in NY I'd suggest to visit either St. john's Lodge no 1 or Independent Royal Arch Lodge no 2. "Old number 2" is supposed to be an especially good experience as far as I hear.

phulseapple

Premium Member
In NYC, you need to stop at the Grand Lodge Building and take the tour. There is also the George Washington Memorial in Tappan/Woodgate (near Utica) depending on which part of Canada you are coming from. In DC you must stop at the George Washington Masonic Memorial in nearby Va. I visited there this past August and it was terrific. However, being the only Mason on the tour, I was inundated with questions from many of the profane who were on the tour. I do have to return because we were on the last tour of the day and missed seeing some of the artifacts because of answering questions.