Capitular Degrees

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by crono782, Apr 8, 2013.

1. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Well, tonight I took my first two Capitular Degrees in my local Chapter of Royal Arch Masons. The Mark Master degree was very well memorized and put on. The (Virtual) Past Master degree was very well done as well. Glad I wasn't in the hot seat on that one! There were three of us and I was the exemplar in the MMM degree. Lots to ponder on...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. widows son

widows son Premium Member

I just got the Arch last week. My favorite degree so far. Up in Canada we don't have the virtual past master degree. I'm not sure why, but I think it has to do with the fact that our installation ceremony for the new master, is the virtual PM degree. Most guys head to the states to get that after they've been master.

3. widows son

widows son Premium Member

Also, congrats brother.

4. Mac

Mac Moderator Premium Member

Congrats, brother. I'm looking forward to my YR degrees whenever they happen!

5. JJones

JJones Moderator Staff Member

Congrats companion!

I've often wondered if it'd be possible to confer the PM degree when a WM is installed. It's a really good degree and I think it might encourage more PMs to look into Yorkrite.

6. pddgm97

pddgm97 Registered User

In Florida, at our annual Grand Lodge, the PM degree is put on one evening for all sitting Masters State wide. It does help with membership.

Freemason Connect Mobile

7. youngsandy

youngsandy Registered User

In Scotland the Master at his installation receives the degree of Installed Master.At one time you had to be an Installed master before you could join the Chapter these days you only need to be a MM. Now in Scotland the Lodge is permitted to work the Mark degree on Master Masons by Dispensation from the Supreme Grand Royal Arch Chapter, so most if not nearly all candidates for Chapter are Mark Master Masons but if they are only MMs the Chapter will advance them. So the degrees worked by Chapter are Mark,Excellent Master and The Holy Royal Arch.Also in Scotland the Mark is seen as an extension of the 2nd.degree.

8. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Congratulations!

The Mark Master degree is a very unique degree. It is a "bridge" degree that unites Operative and Speculative Freemasonry.

9. alaric357

alaric357 Registered User

next Monday I'm taking my first degree in chapter can anybody tell me what I should expect

Freemason Connect Mobile

10. BrianMDowns

BrianMDowns Registered User

I just received my royal arch degree this past Saturday. Welcome Companions!!

North Bend Lodge #346
    Cleves, OH

11. alaric357

thanks I'm looking forward to it as well as the rest of the Royal Arch degrees

Freemason Connect Mobile

12. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

Took my Most Excellent Master and Royal Arch degrees tonight. Lots of meat on the RAM degree!

Freemason Connect Mobile

13. KSigMason

Congrats Companion!!

14. bupton52

bupton52 Moderator Premium Member

I took my Virtual Past Master degree on Friday. I'm looking forward to the rest of the degrees.

15. rajesh_pn3000

rajesh_pn3000 Registered User

Dear Sir

Can you please let me know more about the degrees you achieved , I.e the eligibility criteria & types of degrees.

Thanking you

Freemason Connect Mobile

16. KSigMason

Congratulations to all the new Companions and those taking their steps into the Royal Arch.

Just have fun. The Mark Master is a very old, but informative degree.

17. crono782

crono782 Premium Member

As a side note, I should be taking my Council degrees later this month and then Ft Worth is hosting the Super Excellent Master degree early next month. :D

Freemason Connect Mobile

18. alaric357

I received my mark master degree mon,i cant wait for the next

Freemason Connect Mobile

19. KSigMason

In Idaho we don't confer the Super Excellent Master, but I'm trying to get some of the Companions from the states that surround Idaho to come and confer them at next year's Grand Assembly.

20. Solomon1963

Solomon1963 Registered User

How did you get started? Do you have to be invited?

Freemason Connect Mobile

Share My Freemasonry