My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casual phrases

The Traveling Man

Hello brethren,
Just out of curiosity, what are some casual phrases to recognize a brother. I know theres the question of asking if they are a traveling man, and how old their grandmother is. What are some other ways to question? After being a master mason for going on a year i have met brothers in random travels and feel it would be good to know these so as to not call attention to them if they prefer privacy in the matter. I apologize if any of this comes across as confusing, just cant think of a better way to explain myself

Cheers,
Lee

Hope all of you had a great xmas with friends n family

Are you a member or just curious? As a member (of any degree) you would have surely been instructed on how to greet others. I'm not accusing you of being a cowan, just saying that online we must be careful of what we say to preserve the secrets of the Craft. You would have better luck asking your mentor or member of your Lodge.