My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenges on the street

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
@BroBook your profile says that you are a member of
Home Lodge:
Wright#85 A.f. & A.M.
Grand Lodge:
Prince Grand lodge of fl.
However PHA is F&AM and i cant find that lodge on the on the MWUGLof FL website. you also claim..."I am a avid seeker of truth" how can this be if you have been a clandestine mason for over 30 years?

tldubb

Premium Member
56828f744840cad3196b98e11cb50e0f.jpg

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
@BroBook your profile says that you are a member of
Home Lodge:
Wright#85 A.f. & A.M.
Grand Lodge:
Prince Grand lodge of fl.
However PHA is F&AM and i cant find that lodge on the on the MWUGLof FL website. you also claim..."I am a avid seeker of truth" how can this be if you have been a clandestine mason for over 30 years?

If memory serves me correct, he was healed over a year or two ago. Probably never updated his profile but he has mentioned longing to Excelsior lodge or something under the PHA grand lodge in Florida.

PHAmily!

when is one said to be a mason is the first degree or after one is raised I am hearing conflicting info

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
when is one said to be a mason is the first degree or after one is raised I am hearing conflicting info

You are a freemason when initiated. Most jurisdictions teach their EAs & FCs not to use any symbols of the craft (like your avatar) until after you are raised and become a Master Mason. Usually advised not to visit unless you were with a brother from your lodge.

PHAmily!

You are a freemason when initiated. Most jurisdictions teach their EAs & FCs not to use any symbols of the craft (like your avatar) until after you are raised and become a Master Mason. Usually advised not to visit unless you were with a brother from your lodge.
Thanks

BroBook

Premium Member
I have question for you My good sir, are you implying that only " regular " masons are looking for the truth? And no I have not been clandestine for over 30, that word has come to mean something that it does not, there was, is or will be nothing secret about my masonic affiliation. Bro Richards already vouched that reported being healed, that was done because of this forum of well informed brethren, since you looked at my profile, why did you not do a through investigation, and read some of my post/comments!

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I have question for you My good sir, are you implying that only " regular " masons are looking for the truth? And no I have not been clandestine for over 30, that word has come to mean something that it does not, there was, is or will be nothing secret about my masonic affiliation. Bro Richards already vouched that reported being healed, that was done because of this forum of well informed brethren, since you looked at my profile, why did you not do a through investigation, and read some of my post/comments!

There are alot of good brothers that started off as clandestine. I wouldn't argue about what I consider clandestine. It is what it is. What matters is that you are now part of a regular lodge. Doesn't matter if it is not recognized yet. Hopefully, all the regular but unrecognized grand lodges will get recognition someday.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor

The only reason I looked at your profile was your comment about keeping his mouth shut. It seemed kinda rude, and Ive only experienced that type of behaviour form Clandestine Masons. So i took a peek and i saw that you had listed a clandestine lodge and GL. So I said what I said. I appoligize if I came off rude. Just trying to guard that west gate!

Yes I would say that only regular mason are seekers of truth. Because if you are duped in to joining a bogus lodge and you never find out, then you obviously having been seeking truth. Any one can get duped, i had no idea about fake freemasonry prior to joining the craft. However a simple search of Freemasony on line will pull up plenty on the subject.....But its good to know that you found the light.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Well In my jurisdiction MWPHGL of PA..all lodges open & close on the 3rd...the lodge is lowered and or raised do to any degree work.
NM PH is the same way, I am curious.....if you have a profeciency that needs to be turned in you make the BRO wait outside till the lodge is opned and then lowered and then make him leave after his profeciency? Also so you make the candidte leave after the degree is completed but before lodge is closed?

BroBook

Premium Member
You do understand that there was no "on line " in 1984? Also the Grand lodge I was under split from the one I am now under in 1910. Lastly in Florida and five other Deep South " states all of Prince Hall is still considered clandestine, and no I was not being rude I was trying to point to the new name given to an EA in most jurisdictions, but thanks you made me update my profile. WWEA, SMIB!!!

Derinique Kendrick

NM PH is the same way, I am curious.....if you have a profeciency that needs to be turned in you make the BRO wait outside till the lodge is opned and then lowered and then make him leave after his profeciency? Also so you make the candidte leave after the degree is completed but before lodge is closed?
Exactly how it is in Georgia. They opened on the third as normal, lowered to 1 and 2 for my initiation and passing, I left after those degrees, and they went back up to 3 for closing.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
You do understand that there was no "on line " in 1984? and no I was not being rude I was trying to point to the new name given to an EA in most jurisdictions, but thanks you made me update my profile. WWEA, SMIB!!!

yes I know that there was no internet in 1984. Hence why i said anyone could be douped.

New name for EAs? Never heard anything but EA. can you elaborate.

also WWEA? not familar with that one....

Again I am sorry for coming accross as i did!

dfreybur

Premium Member
You do understand that there was no "on line " in 1984?

For most of the world on-line happened in 1993 when AOL introduced Internet support.

Before that you have to be at a government research center, on a military base, at a university. Because so many universities gave out accounts to every student the number with Internet access was trickling in.

We used to joke about September because of the newbies coming on line who needed to learn the culture. I remember being a September person but since my access was through a government research center my symbolic September happened in July. Then 1993 happened and we've been in "Eternal September" ever since.

Lastly in Florida and five other Deep South " states all of Prince Hall is still considered clandestine

Incorrectly of course. Regular is the opposite of Clandestine. Even 50 year members confused clandestine and not-recognized. Sad.