My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chapter Re-start

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
A couple Mason in my town want to restart the DeMolay chapter that went dormant a few years before I moved here. I have never been involved with DeMolay before but I have agreed to be an advisor. Since we are basically staying from scratch I would like to hear from anyone who has DeMolay experience. Any tips on how to make a small chapter grow or how to catch the interest of young men would be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul E. Wunsche

A couple Mason in my town want to restart the DeMolay chapter that went dormant a few years before I moved here. I have never been involved with DeMolay before but I have agreed to be an advisor. Since we are basically staying from scratch I would like to hear from anyone who has DeMolay experience. Any tips on how to make a small chapter grow or how to catch the interest of young men would be appreciated. Thanks.
How long have they been dark? We found that it was easier to start from scratch.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
I was told that the chapter has been dark less than five years. Actually, I think we are starting from scratch except that it is easier to restart a dormant chapter than to get a new charter.

Paul E. Wunsche

I hope you have dedicated Advisors, we were blessed to have several Masons many who did not have young men of age to be DeMolay to step up and volunteer. Also, we have very excited young men to spread the word. We have grown to 23 members and received our Charter at State Conclave.

Jraiford

I dont believe my Lodge ever had a chapter, and was wondering if we could even get enough to join. Our student population is about 500 students, preK thru 12th. I dont know enough about it to even know where to start. Also, my daughter is 12 tomorrow, and could probably join the rainbows, if we had one of those.