CIB or S&C

Discussion in 'Freemasons in the Military' started by alterian, Dec 25, 2016.

1. alterian

alterian Registered User

I don't want to say nor should I say what do you value more. I couldn't make a choice. I value my CIB for the things I've done, with my military brother. I value the S&C because of the meaning and what it represents.

Today I seen an old gentleman, a brother, with a air assault, airborne, CIB and a S&C above the CIB on his hat. I didn't know what to make of it.

2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

Nothing to make of it....hes an old vet...he can put what ever he wants on his hat

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

3. Ripcord22A

I think sometimes we, as currently serving, combat vets make too much of what our predecessors do. I find myself doing it with guys that are more my age. But the older guys, ww2 & Korea, those are real men and i dont care what we have been thru it will never compare to the Bulge or Chosin...they can do what ever they want

4. Bro. Landry

Bro. Landry Registered User

5. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

First post nailed it. Sometimes I'll drag my lapel gold jump wings and wear them with my Masonic lapel pins. We don't get a CIB, but a Combat action ribbon. Even if I put the lapel version of that on, nobody but another Marine would know what it means anyway.

I usually wear my gold wings when some of my Brother 5 jump chumps wear theirs. :cool:

6. Matt L

Matt L Site Benefactor

Combat Infantry Badge

Bro. Landry likes this.
  7. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

Many would not even recognise the name......

I've got no military service but always respect a CIB...

MarkR and Ripcord22A like this.
  8. Randy81

Randy81 Premium Member

To me, EIB>CIB... lol

That's an expert infantry badge for any non military.

To me, that's a non issue. I'll be frank, becoming a Mason is just important to me as becoming an infantryman!

9. Ripcord22A

The CIB is more important? Im not infantry but the CIB just means you showed up to combat doesnt mean you earned it, it all depends on the CDR approving the awards. Inwas on a FOB that a was blanket awarded ths CIB/CAB(Combat action badge, not infantry award) for a "rocket attack". The EIB is something that must he trained for and earned...just my POG opinion

tldubb likes this.
  10. Derek Harvey

Derek Harvey Registered User

I earned my CIB. Ten ieds, ambushed, night raids. They don't just hand them out.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Randy81 likes this.
  11. Derek Harvey

MarkR likes this.
  12. Ripcord22A

I agree but not all of them are earned as yours was brother, thats all im saying. The incident that I was awarded my CAB was BS but then i earned it a couple weeks later.
    And not to.mention the time i was on a fob where an Inf cdr blankted the whole fob cause of a "rocket attack." It was a single rocket that all but missed fob and 2 towers "returned" fire.

13. Derek Harvey

14. Bobby V

Bobby V Registered User

As a Master Mason for 43 years, and a veteran of both the Air Force and Army, I see many veterans wearing patches/pins reflecting both their military service and Masonic affiliation. They, like me, are very proud of both.

Fairport-Flower City #476 F&AM (GLNY)
    32° AASR Valley of Dallas
    Commander, Love Field Post 453, American Legion

Matt L, alterian, MarkR and 2 others like this.
  15. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

I'm a Viet Nam vet. Since I wasn't infantry, I was ineligible for the CIB. They didn't have the CAB back then, and after reading the rules I'm not sure I'd have qualified anyway. But, as was said, a WWII brother who qualified for the CIB and wishes to also wear his S&C should be able to do so.

Matt L, Randy81, alterian and 2 others like this.
  16. Ripcord22A

Bro mark...u probably would have been eligible. Engaged by, to include indirect fire such as artillery or IEDs or engaged the enemy. I was awarded mine for a lame little IED but earned it a few months later

MarkR likes this.
  17. Randy81

Randy81 Premium Member

Oh, I have my CIB as well, and it's very important to me. I've earned it on each deployment.

I'd argue that EIB is learn and forget, it's skill level 1 tasks.

Regardless, good to see a fellow infantryman!

alterian and Bloke like this.
  18. Randy81

Randy81 Premium Member

Are any of you in the National Sojourners? There is no longer any silly rank requirements. It's nothing special but it's neat to fellowship with so many vets from different eras.

19. alterian

alterian Registered User

Never heard of the Sojourners, any additional info?

20. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

alterian likes this.

Share My Freemasonry