My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clandestine, Irregular, Unrecognized

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Bro Steadman, I appreciate your post, and also your willingness to discuss a delicate subject with an Elder Brother.

Brother Jones, I appreciate the posts that I have seen come from you on here as well. Very informative. I have my own personal beliefs about the Mainstream vs. PHA issue, and I will gladly talk with anyone about it, though I don't think I am going to stand up on a chair in my lodge's dining room yell it at the top of my lungs...lol I love each and every one of the Brothers from my lodge, and have looked up to many of them for years. But because this whole thing has been such a "hush hush" and taboo thing for so long, it is really hard to tell where some of the Brothers stand on things. And since I have known many of them since I was kid and it is such a small town and small lodge, I don't want to really get myself on the recieving end of a cold shoulder.

Some of the information that I get on here (like a thing or two that you have brought up) has given me some knowledge that I didn't have before, which I have been able to bring up during some of our "bull sessions". Just something I can spit out and get a feel for how other Brothers feel about the subject. Which, to my excitement and amazement, lately there have been a couple of these discussion that I have been proud to be part of that I was able to get the feeling that a Brother or two that I worried the most about being unaccepting of the situation, actually might very well be accepting of it all. :) I mean, you never know until you ask, but using information that Brothers post, whether confirmed or not, gives me a chance to just start up a converstaion about something and see what others think or have to say about it. I started to get the idea that there are more Brothers out there that actually are accepting of all this stuff, but just don't really say it because the topic has always been a no-no or they were around those that were totally against everything. Made me feel good. And the discussions that I am referring to in this post are different than the one I talked about in my previous post.

Like I said, I have my own personal beliefs on the matter, but I am subject to my Obligation and the laws and rules of my Grand Lodge, to which I will follow as much as I humanly can. The way certain rules or laws have been explained to me and the way I have read them, I do not believe that I have violated anything so far by participating in discussions on this forum and I think that for us to gain as much "light" as possible, we must be able to talk and discuss things with people. Obviously, we must avoid certain subjects and certain material, but so far I don't think that I have crossed that line. (Lol if I have, will someone please let me know??? Hhaha I really do my best to do the right thing...lol)

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
I appreciate your post, Bro Steadman. If I am able to share what I have learned with another Brother, I am actually helping to strengthen the Bond of Brotherhood. I think your approach when speaking with Elder Brothers about this very delicate subject is correct.

In order to know where they stand on issues, you have to bring up subjects that aren't always easy to discuss. My personal charge when I joined this Forum was to learn from others by reading, and also to reach others by sharing what I have learned after my little 5 years of research and study.

The sharing of information and ideas while educating EACH OTHER is the only way Brethren will ever arrive at the conclusion that Mutual Recognition means NOTHING without Intervisitation. It should be considered a right as well as a privilege enjoyed by those who are Regular AND Recognized.

I certainly don't NEED the validation of another Man regarding the 237 year history of Regularity or Lineage of Prince Hall Affiliated Free and Accepted Masonry. That isn't why I would like Intervisitation. It's for the opportunity to LEARN AND SHARE with another Brother who shares the same bond I do, simple and plain.

See you on the next post, Brother.........Bro Jones