My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Close Call

CTx Mason

This afternoon my wife calls me in the middle of work in a total panic:"The back yard is on FIRE!!! The Fire Department is on the way." I literally ran out of work and sped home as fast as traffic would allow.

Everyone's ok, the house is safe (a rental anyway, but...) the neighbors rallied and put the fire out before it spread to their homes as well. Turns out one neighbor had fired up his grill & took out 3 yards and a fence.

Two lessons here: There are a LOT of good people in the world and God works through the hands of all such good people, and keep in mind that we are still in drought conditions - be sure to keep your hoses charged and at the ready while you & your neighbors grill this weekend.
We all have our sprinklers on at the moment... I'm grateful this day for everyone who helped :)

jwhoff

Premium Member
Good point. Folks need to take this drought thing seriously. I noticed The Woodlands has forgone their fireworks celebration this weekend. Hopefully the neighborhood folks will do the same. Everything is parched.

Happy things worked out well for you brother.

Beathard

Premium Member
Wow. Too close if your using garden hose to put it out. Fireworks are illegal this 4th in the counties near me.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Beathard said:
Wow. Too close if your using garden hose to put it out. Fireworks are illegal this 4th in the counties near me.

No doubt. It is banned in my county here in OK. Hopefully my neighbors won't do what they normally do. With this being summertime and the wind constantly out of the south they live in the next house south and every year I am constantly cleaning up the fireworks they shoot off and land in my yard. This year my yard just needs one little spark and it's gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry