My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commercial

Bloke

Premium Member
Just saw this commercial for a church that had some FreeMasonic undertones...it said " we are a fellowship of believers who pursue the God, who are passionately pursuing A LOST WORD"

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

LDS having been running ads here. First time I saw it for the first 30 seconds I thought it was going to be a masonic recruitment ad.. might be the same ad...

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
Praise Hiram? Glory be to the Gavel?

Let us turn to Level Chapter 2 Verse 4.o_O:eek:

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Yeah, part of their activities and youth ministry. It's open to the public on certain hours and days. We would go there after skating ditches.

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
I do remember hearing something once that the LDS church shares or has much similarities with the Masonic organization. Since I am not an LDS member, I can neither confirm nor deny. Seems like the church founder had Masonic ties...

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Very interesting!

I heard that he was giving the GMHSD when he was killed.
It was reported that as he leapt from the building, he shouted words. Whether he was giving a sign of distress or importuning G-d, we do not know. However, the belief that he was communicating to Masonic brethren fueled animosity toward the fraternity by LDS members-- it gave credence to the belief they ignored his distress call.
Further, those indicted for his murder were accepted into a Masonic lodge. See Oaks and Hill, The Carthage Conspiracy.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I do remember hearing something once that the LDS church shares or has much similarities with the Masonic organization. Since I am not an LDS member, I can neither confirm nor deny. Seems like the church founder had Masonic ties...
Our JW is a LDS member. He told me that their ritual is very close to ours.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Our JW is a LDS member. He told me that their ritual is very close to ours.
There are outward similarities, fewer since the changes in the temple ceremony many years ago (no penalties are used). They tell different stories: the temple endowment is a creation play with Adam and Eve. Covenants are made with God and not our fellow man. Men and women participate. Ceremonial clothing is worn. There is no single candidate.