My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community event opportunities

Bro. Kurt P.M.

2018 14G DCO
Premium Member
Festivals, business expos, health fairs, and other community events are all good opportunities to promote your lodge locally. Many lodges fail to promote Freemasonry in their own backyards. If you’re not taking advantage of nearby festivals and community events to promote your lodge, you’re likely missing out on a valuable opportunity to grow. In fact, a recent study revealed that 44 percent of marketers see a 3:1 return on their event marketing investments. Getting involved in community events can be a great promotional tool for your lodge to attract new membership. City calendars are a great place to start.

Keith C

I agree community events and support of community activities are a great way to show our local residents a small part of what Freemasonry is about. My Lodge has a sign we pay to have on the local Little League field and we also participate in a "3rd Friday" event in the Borough were our Lodge Building is located.

Matt L

Site Benefactor
My lodge makes all the hush puppies for "The World's Biggest Fish Fry". My Commandery Marches in the Veterans Parade in full uniform. We also have a Masonic Veterans float in the parade.
We have done auctions for autism at the county fair and are really big in the child ID (CHIP) program among other things.
We have received some interest after these events which has brought in new members. We even received two petitions after the last Masonic Funeral we did.

http://paristnchamber.com/fish-fry-information/

Howard Giang

... child ID (CHIP) program among other things.
We have received some interest after these events which has brought in new members. We even received two petitions after the last Masonic Funeral we did.

http://paristnchamber.com/fish-fry-information/
Months ago, when I was cleaning my house and sorting out and discarding various old documents, I came across a piece of paper that had a Masonic symbol. I recalled it was a my son photo ID that was issued by Masonry, and the purpose was if my son was to be missing then I can provide this photo ID to law enforcement to ease from the searching efforts. This is one of many good works that are raising awareness and benefiting a community.