My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Companion Adept of the Temple York Rite Educational Program

chancerobinson

[SIZE=-1]I saw this article in the spring edition of the York Rite College newsletter and then I found the attached links. I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to begin this program. I believe this is an educational tool that is needed for companions new and old.

Traveling Templar: YREP Update: York Rite Sovereign College Educational Program
[/SIZE]

The Spring 2012 edition of the York Rite Crusader, the official publication of the YRSCNA, stated:
[SIZE=-1]
YORK RITE SOVEREIGN COLLEGE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM

Last year, the Education Committee recommended that an “educational tool kit†be developed and administered by the Sovereign College. Subsequently, we received a number of requests to consider developing a program similar to the Southern Jurisdiction Scottish Rite’s Master Craftsman program. For those not familiar with the Master Craftsman program, it is a series of multiple choice exams and essay questions on the degrees of the Scottish Rite. It is administered by the House of the Temple staff in Washington, DC, and has proven to be a very popular program for the Scottish Rite.

The Education Committee agreed that a similar program should be developed and adopted by the Sovereign College. Participation by companions and knights across North America will strengthen the value of every College and the York Rite in general. To this end, the committee has developed a self-study program through the Chapter and Council Degrees and the Commandery Orders of the York Rite.

Companion Adept of the Temple is a self-study program through the Degrees and Orders of the York Rite of Freemasonry administered by the Sovereign York Rite College of North America. This program is offered to any York Rite Mason by enrollment through the Sovereign College office.

The program offers a series of exams focused on the ritualistic, philosophical, and esoteric teachings of the York Rite. The exams include a combination of multiple-choice, true-false, and essay questions pertaining to information presented in the Degrees and Orders of the Rite and/or in the resource materials which are recommended for purchase with the program.
There are five exams included in the curriculum, The first two exams will cover the Chapter Degrees and are styled “The Degrees of the Capitular Rite.†Exam III is titled “The Degrees of the Cryptic Rite;†Exam IV covers “The Orders of Chivalry,†and Exam V is titled “The York Rite Traditions and Freemasonry.

Enrollment in the Companion Adept of the Temple will be through the Sovereign College office. The enrollment cost will be $30.00, Resource materials which can be used in taking each exam, along with ordering information, will also be listed. Enrollees can purchase these materials to use as a guide in answering the questions provided in each exam. These resources include books which are readily available through Masonic Supply catalogues or as downloadable ebooks, such as Understanding the Royal Arch, Guide to the Royal Arch Chapter, Some Royal Arch Terms Examined, and The Royal Arch, Its Hidden Meaning.

This Program is currently available. Please contact the Detroit Office for enrollment information. You can contact the York Rite Sovereign College of North America at:

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]York Rite Sovereign College of North America[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]500 Temple Avenue
Detroit, Michigan 48201
Phone: 313-833-1385
Fax: (313) 833-7735
Email: yrsc_na@yahoo.com

Please make checks for the Educational Program payable to the York Rite Sovereign College of North America and please put a note with the letter to inform them you want to start the program and they will forward the materials onto you.

The enrollment form is available at http://ashmole.yorkritemontgomery.org/YRenrollmentform.pdf.
[/SIZE] Enjoy.

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
Thank you so much for posting this! As I look to move into the HP and TIM positions this next year this type of program is exactly what I need.

S&F,
-Bro Vick

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
To bring a thread back from the dead.

Has anyone here taken this? If so what are your thoughts?

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I did it two or three years ago. I enjoyed it. You can use the reading list provided and your rituals to find all the information. I still remember one particular question where I had to use my Blue Lodge ritual and still don't know what the heck it was about!
All in all, it's very worthwhile. I'm glad I did it.