My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conan the barbarian remake

Mlugo1247

Premium Member
There will never be another Arnold Schwarzenegger! I feel its pretty pathetic to remake this film instead of remastering it. Does anyone else agree that film makers are just remaking past movies instead of coming up with their own original ideas.

JJones

Well to be fair, I'm not sure we really have anyone equivalent to Schwarzenegger anymore. That being said, I'm pretty satisfied with who they cast as Conan (Jason Momoa). He seems to play characters like that pretty well (Ronin of Stargate) so I think the movie may have potential.

As for remakes...yes I agree, just about everything that comes out now is an unoriginal spin on an already existing movie. It's nothing new however, allow me to link you to this 'article':

Warning: It's Cracked.com as in Cracked Magazine, so you should know what to expect. The article is still pretty accurate once you get past all the toilet humor though.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19190_6-classic-movies-you-didnt-know-were-remakes.html

Last edited:

Benton

Premium Member
Personally, I'm getting tired of remakes. I agree with the 'no original content' sentiment. And there are some movies that I don't really feel need to be remade. The original Conan with Arnold is classic. That doesn't mean I won't like this one, but the original is simply classic.

But yeah, I'm kind of getting tired of a new revamp every five years or so.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
i just saw captain america this past weekend. i'm so far behing this summer. :(

MikeMay

Premium Member
i just saw captain america this past weekend. i'm so far behing this summer. :(

That and Cowboys and Aliens are all I have seen this summer...at the current rate of movie prices, that's probably all I will see until they start releasing the DvD's...

Wayfarer

Well, the Schwarzenegger version was itself a poor version of the comic book that was, itself, a poor re-make and spin off of Robert E. Howard's original pulp stories from the '30s. If anything, the new movie actually looks closer to Howard's original stories - but that's guessing just looking at the ads.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Aw heck boys. I thought this one was about another lost sole trying to deal with Houston rush hour traffic.

What's the over-under that Schwarzenegger stops Momoa in less than five rounds?

:11:

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Aw heck boys. I thought this one was about another lost sole trying to deal with Houston rush hour traffic.

What's the over-under that Schwarzenegger stops Momoa in less than five rounds?

:11:

I thought maybe a disgruntled talk show host after being fired and forced to move.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
That and Cowboys and Aliens are all I have seen this summer...at the current rate of movie prices, that's probably all I will see until they start releasing the DvD's...

well, here in college station it's about 4 dollars a movie. we're lucky like that.

MikeMay

Premium Member
well, here in college station it's about 4 dollars a movie. we're lucky like that.

I'll say you're lucky like that....my wife and were talking about how movies used to be a lot cheaper, and our favorite theater was the Westgate Dollar Theater in Austin. Miss those days....cheap date night, movie and popcorn for 10 bucks....