My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dfw lodge attire

Meduran

Hello,

I'm interested into going into a lodge and learning about the craft. I want to start out in a lodge that I would want to stay in.

I come from a background of using suits often and have realized many tx lodge are very casual(unlike northeast and europe). I really want an idea of what lodges are known to be more semi formal or lounge as this is what I think is most appropriate. I live in the north Dallas area. Any help?

JJones

Suit up!

I wear suits pretty regularly and I'm from rural Texas. If I can pull it off here then you can pull it off in the metroplex.

By the way, it's always wise to visit around before petitioning. Finding the right lodge goes both ways, you need to be a fit for that lodge and the lodge needs to be a fit for you.

SteveH

I can only speak for my area in east Tennessee. Here some people wear suits, but mostly jeans and collared shirts, but t shirts are common as well.

chrmc

Suit is not bad, but don't think you'll need the tie.
If you can tell us a bit what you're looking for we can potentially help point you towards a lodge that may be suitable for you.

Bobby V

The lodges I have visited in the DFW area have a relaxed dress code. Some members wore jackets with a tie while others dressed business casual. Didn't see any tee-shirts. Did see lots of blue jeans and boots (it is Texas).

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Stated meeting “nominal” for most Lodges is business casual for members. Yes in Texas, most of us consider jeans part of business casual as long as you’re wearing boots.

It is not uncommon to see the officers in coat and tie at most Lodges, for winter months and ties sans jackets in the summer... There are some that wear overalls and button up shirts. Very rarely do you see a tuxedo requirement although some of the appendant bodies do.